+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Done deal tomorrow ,psv forward and poch end of season

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    One thing that's absolutely clear in my mind is that if it wasn't us, it would have been done by now.

And another thing is clear....but, then, it's always been the case with us....absolutely nothing is ever fucking straightforward when Newcastle United are involved.
    can't help but totally agree

Thinking about this a bit more, talking to mates and stuff, and I guess one of my main worries is that there seem to be two sources of leaks out of the three interested parties, namely the seller, the buyers and the people overseeing it.. Funnily enough, for once, I don't think fatso and his cronies are one of the sources, which leaves the Saudis/Reubens/Staveley and the Premier League.

All of the leaks from the buying side have, so far, proved to be either wide of the mark or just wrong-whether we like it or not Aye, it may indeed turn out that it's gone through but, as it stands, it either hasn't or for some reason it has but we haven't been told. All the 'it's been done/given the green light' etc was accompanied by statements such as 'could be done in the next24/48 hours' or 'an announcement is imminent' and NONE of that has come to pass.

The other source of the leaks i.e. the Premier Leagues has, so far, proved to be far more accurate. These leaks have suggested that there are problems with the bid and there undoubtedly are, otherwise it would have gone through by now. My reasoning is this-either the leaks from the buying side are wrong-so it hasn't been done yet (so therefore there is a problem)...or they are correct and we are long past the time when they said it would be announced (and therefore there is a problem).

Does that make sense? Ah, bollocks....maybe the beer is clouding my thinking but, to my mind, the fact that it has taken so long suggests that, even taking into account Covid, project restart, etc, something major either has held it up or still is holding it up.

Right. Whine over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Thinking about this a bit more, talking to mates and stuff, and I guess one of my main worries is that there seem to be two sources of leaks out of the three interested parties, namely the seller, the buyers and the people overseeing it.. Funnily enough, for once, I don't think fatso and his cronies are one of the sources, which leaves the Saudis/Reubens/Staveley and the Premier League.

All of the leaks from the buying side have, so far, proved to be either wide of the mark or just wrong-whether we like it or not Aye, it may indeed turn out that it's gone through but, as it stands, it either hasn't or for some reason it has but we haven't been told. All the 'it's been done/given the green light' etc was accompanied by statements such as 'could be done in the next24/48 hours' or 'an announcement is imminent' and NONE of that has come to pass.

The other source of the leaks i.e. the Premier Leagues has, so far, proved to be far more accurate. These leaks have suggested that there are problems with the bid and there undoubtedly are, otherwise it would have gone through by now. My reasoning is this-either the leaks from the buying side are wrong-so it hasn't been done yet (so therefore there is a problem)...or they are correct and we are long past the time when they said it would be announced (and therefore there is a problem).

Does that make sense? Ah, bollocks....maybe the beer is clouding my thinking but, to my mind, the fact that it has taken so long suggests that, even taking into account Covid, project restart, etc, something major either has held it up or still is holding it up.

Right. Whine over.
    There is no leaks though Zip and that is whats caused anxiety. The press have made everything up. Bit quiet tonight isn't it with every media outlet banging on about project restart. What a surprise, we are suddenly not the only interesting bit of news in the football world.
    Must admit our fanbase puzzle me. On one hand they say a takeover will happen and nobody will know. Impossible in this day and age. Then all whinge when buyer(s) and seller are silent.
    In our football world all that counts is NUFC, in the PL they have had project restart and all the testing programmes to ensure this to deal with. Now its sorted there should be no excuse.
    I am totally calm as I don't read all the rumours of problems. If there was a problem it would have been called off. They wouldn't complete an OD test and take 7 or 8 weeks then reject it for a problem presented on day one or week 1 or 2 or even 3. Sit back relax and exciting times ahead.
    Last edited by Geordie1974; 28-05-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling

God i hope you are right Geordie !

don't think I could stand going "back to ashley for yet more dross"

Is it tomorrow yet...?

according to wto website the findings are published today and will be sent out to the relevent parties and the wto members if the prem league got it last week somebody must have some pretty powerful friends

I just hope the Saudis don't get fed up and sack it off altogether. All they seem to have had from the very start of this process is an attack from the British press which they haven't been able to defend. That and a dealing with a Premier league who yes have had project restart to deal with but also seem to not give 2 Fu(KS how long our takeover takes. I know they have paid a deposit but that's penny's to these lot surely at some point they will have had enough.

when does hairyhands keysies mate start his job as chairman of the P L ?

is it today?

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post

is it today?
    I read it was today

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post

is it today?
    Aye. He'll be looking for anything to either hold the deal up or even block it.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)