+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T credit cards

O/T credit cards

I have £102 outstanding on a credit card.
    I use it for purchases . Eg £10 on a tv. So I am covered for the full amount if owt goes tits up.
    Take note holiday bookers.
    Just wondering since everyone is chipping in.
    Why don't they lower interest rates.
    My bank natwest have just halved interest on my savings account.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 27-04-2020 at 02:17 AM.

At least banks are reducing the mortgage rates. Our UK tracker mortgage is down to 0.79%

Set up a direct direct to pay off your credit card every month then you don't have to worry about forgetting to pay it off.

Something I wish I'd done years before I did it.

There's a good chance inflation will rise now anyway and so interest rates will be raised in response.

Good advice great_fire.

Quick question while we're on the subject of cards. Booked holiday on card which has now been cancelled, if I get a refund from Jet 2 will it have to be paid to card I paid with

Are you saying the card has been cancelled or just the holiday? Obviously they can't refund to a cancelled card but I think it's normal to return the money to the source from which it was received e.g. you pay cash in a shop and return the good (e.g. it didn't fit) they give you cash back but if you bought on on a card they refund to the card, credit or debit. They might return the money to the CC company who will then return it to you (assuming you paid them for it).

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I have £102 outstanding on a credit card.
    I use it for purchases . Eg £10 on a tv. So I am covered for the full amount if owt goes tits up.
    Take note holiday bookers.
    Just wondering since everyone is chipping in.
    Why don't they lower interest rates.
    My bank natwest have just halved interest on my savings account.
    Don't believe in credit cards only to make a large purchase whilst out shopping etc instead of carrying large amounts of cash. Once home I look to pay off the balance on the card direct from my debit account, as I don't wait to be reminded I owe anyone anything.

Brought up the old fashioned way by my late father. If you can't afford it don't buy it, no matter how small/large the purchase.
    I've known ex work colleagues owing literally thousands of pounds on their card(s) and taking out other cards to pay the interest on other cards because they couldn't even afford the monthly payment back. How does anyone single woman, like my ex colleague, allow themselves to get into such debt?

Brin read my post. Putting a few quid of a large purchase is nailed on cover.

Why not just use your bank card. If you don't believe in credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Why not just use your bank card. If you don't believe in credit cards
    Crash, because I get points points that convert to cash on the card I use. When I come to book a holiday, there's always a nice discount waiting for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast