+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BBG and PP best memories.

You knew it was coming. 22nd March 2014, now at the fantastic IMO PRide Park Stadium.

We all ‘hate’ Leeds (in a sporting sense), that’s a given, but the enmity between Derby and Forest runs deep, especially since the 70s and the unresolveable argument about whether it’s the quality of the silverware (derby) or the quantity (forest) that means more. Personally, I have more lingering hate than most, a rare Derby fan in a senior school riddled with forest fans meant I carried scars and a lifeline occasional twitch from the ‘attention’ I got for my allegiance

There have been hard fought encounters over the years, but my preference in our Local derbies has been the easy win, early goal then race away with it sort of thing, such as the fairly recent Kenco Cup 4-2 or the Razac 3-0. I had a good feeling about our chances this time round and given Billyboy’s recent Trumpesque level of unhingedness, I reckoned a bet on a double of a 5-0 victory for The Rams followed by a forest sacking by the following wed might be in order. That was what I scribbled on my betting slip when the flunky came round our table before, and I knew William Hill we’re offering 180-1 on that because I’d phoned earlier - my tenner put down was bravado as much as anything, the ‘our table’ was a table in the exec suite, my invite from a Nottingham building firm, all round the table forest fans

I sat amongst them in the corporate seats down in the corner where The Yard restaurant now has its back entrance, and you know how the first half went, forest were a rabble, we were on fire and let’s be honest everything that could go our way did

There was a quick drink and a snack at half time but few round the table had the appetite, the only levity brought about by the flunky announcing that the onsite gambling license didn’t allow custom bets and only my 5-0 stood at half the odds. Some round the table still saw Forest coming back, someone offered to buy my bet for £100, I was hanging on.

You also know how the second half went, I saw Johnny’s thunderbolt from ‘right down the barrel’, and as Patrick Bamford dived theatrically I laughed towards the guy next to me and realised he, like all the rest of my friends for the day, had gone. So they didn’t see Bryson smack the ball in the net and himself and that exciting, fun to watch team into folklore.

And you know what? Despite the betting slip in my pocket, when the faithful started singing ‘we want six’, so did I.

Lots to choose from, Kenco, Deforestation and many more. However, my favourite match is always the next one I attend. My brother died in 2005 and his ashes were spread over the pitch in January 2006. I know it will sound weird but I always have a quick chat with him when I visit Pride Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Lots to choose from, Kenco, Deforestation and many more. However, my favourite match is always the next one I attend. My brother died in 2005 and his ashes were spread over the pitch in January 2006. I know it will sound weird but I always have a quick chat with him when I visit Pride Park.
    Doesn't sound weird at all, I always have one with my dad RIP just before a game starts

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Doesn't sound weird at all, I always have one with my dad RIP just before a game starts
    Dad's ashes there too Andy?

Dad's ashes there too Andy?
    No, local church. I can still hearing him moaning next to me at matches though! Every time Tom Lawrence gets the ball I can hear huffing and puffing in my right ear

Bro: what you give that for ref?
    Me: cos them's the rules
    Bro: Bloody stupid rule then.......

Typical of the conversations we'd have during a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Doesn't sound weird at all...
    Seconded. Well said Andy.
    We should never lose ‘touch’ with those we were closest to. They provided the building blocks that made us.

Bro: what you give that for ref?
    Me: cos them's the rules
    Bro: Bloody stupid rule then.......

Typical of the conversations we'd have during a game.
    Stands more chance of seeing the next ‘few’ (?) matches than the rest of us, MA.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Stands more chance of seeing the next ‘few’ (?) matches than the rest of us, MA.
    I sometimes wonder if it's him blowing hard that puts the bend in the ball.......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)