+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football from 1902

Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-29-19-33-14.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  19.6 KB

I can remember going under that bridge like it was yesterday,on the opposite side you can see the family friends house and behind the photographers back there was a traditional sweet shop

The internet edition of the Cambridge news features photos of old Cambridge occasionally, fascinating stuff. Everything changes and stays the same. Petersfield where I grew up is now one of the best places to live in the country apparently, I cant believe that. The problem is that you pay over half a million for a small terraced house that you cant get decent furniture into.

If you spent the same money in Wisbech you would get a chateau. Cambridge has a lovely feel to it though, its hard to put into words, its an expression of spirituality. There is no other place like it. Brum makes me feel depressed, Stoke is err, makes me even more depressed, with a feeling of something bad lurking.

Sheffield is my party place, full of good extroverted people, with a feeling of magic. Why I ever left is a mystery. Its funny how you never know what you've got till its gone.

I have been to Nottingham a few times, the thing that strikes me is the roads and traffic. Its blank to me apart from that. If I walk into an Arnold pub and asked where the tarts are, what would be the response?. Would they be prejudiced with my Anglian accent? Stoke was. It was a shock that English people were prejudiced against English people. Oh to be 20 again.

With a 60 year old mind. I would run riot through the women of any town.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

I have been to Nottingham a few times, the thing that strikes me is the roads and traffic. Its blank to me apart from that. If I walk into an Arnold pub and asked where the tarts are, what would be the response?.
    The would respond by saying to me "What's your brummie mate want with prozzies?" as you haven't got an Anglian accent Frank, they would then point you towards Forest Rd to chat up the ladies down there,I've seen them a few times standing on the corner in the evening and I feel for them,they are probably in their 20's but look in their 40's and obviously doing what they do for drugs,I sometimes feel like going to talking to them and see how they got into.that situation but obviously that's not a good idea
    Nottingham is a very busy city traffic wise,just before the lockdown they was knocking down Clifton Bridge and they queues was unbelievable,you was talking 3/4 hours to do a 10 minute journey,it even made the news due to it being the most conjested city in the world earlier in the year

Tarts is actually a Preston or northwestern term for ladies, a generic term. Its not meant to signify prostitutes. Tarts was usual in brum in the 1980s. I do have an Anglian accent now, my usual, as apart from madam, I don't come into contact everyday with brummies. The change was gradual but now complete.

When brummies visit, it comes back a bit. Ive heard Nottingham is a friendly city, extroversion is good for introverts. Im sure I would like it.

As for prostitutes, I will one day. You've got to. Maybe if im on my own and desperate. After all, how else is a bloke my age going to get a 25 year old.?

Having said that, ive been watching videos of an English bloke travelling around Belarus. As my dad comes from there. If the locals realise your English they think your rich, and you've got it made. The food is shocking. Four courses cost about 5 quid. A hotel room for the night about the same.

The second world war was a godsend for him. He ended up in Cambridge after coming here as a prisoner of war. The bloke who does the videos loves it there, he had a belarussian wife, now divorced.

On you tube he calls himself bald and broke. He wonders around eastern Europe just to see what its like.

He obviously suffers from a mental illness that science knows nothing about.

Can't help but agree with yer views on Stoke Frank. My old man was from there and I used to get dragged along as kid to the god forsaken hellhole. I've been back for various reasons since and it's still as bad and the people are indeed odd. Only Coventry comes close, not quite as much of a ****hole but if anything the inhabitants are worse.

When I went to Stoke for an interview it felt bad, my intuition was saying no when I got off at the station. It expressed itself with bad feelings But I ignored it, gut feelings are always right. We all vibrate in a certain way, if the vibe isn't right.....

I can walk into a crowded room and pick up whether its good or bad, or know someone in the first ten seconds of meeting them. Im never if ever wrong. I know that sounds egotistical, its not, its true. All the people of my type can do it, as we all can, but my sort do it especially well.

I have discussed Stoke with Stokies, the workers had been s crewed by the pottery firms for hundreds of years, piece work, no unions, dreadful working conditions, abuse by the employers, and the population took it. The result was poverty off the scale. They pride them selves on Lobby, and those corn cake things, food so poor its laughable.
    Lobby was a stew, if you had something, you lobbed it in the pot.

That underlying feeling of depression, being poor, anxiety, etc exudes from everyone, and is picked up. Like a virus. The worst thing is that Stolies hate Stokies, they are horrible people. They thive and abuse each other on epic scales.

Thank god you don't live there.

You shouldn't judge people in the first ten seconds just like you shouldn't judge people on their looks,that's what bullies do Frank,they pick on the weak and those that are different and the victim then feels even worst about themselves,it's very sad to see people smirking and making fun of people just because they think that they are being big and funny,people suffer in silence and that's the sad thing about it,you can't see the pain that they are feeling inside

It doesn't work like that. Its not judging, its knowing, Its automatic, its not conjured up. Griff operates on logic and established facts, and wont be swayed by that. Intuition doesn't work like that. Liars and manipulators cant hide, we know it instamtly, even if logic and facts say something different.

Look up introverted intuition on you tube. Theres only one way to handle bullies, and that's to say go on then. Even if you have a gun in your face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)