+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Almost Worst In Europe - Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That's the point Tip - already stats show we already are the second worst in Europe and soon when we overtake Italy in the coming days, we will be the worst. Many would say being an Island, we should have less issues with countries who have a road for a border - then again with no/little control of who came in, some would say borders are ineffective.

Love them or dislike them - the German efficiency seems to have led the way once again! Fast with tracing and fast with testing - the old quote is so true - “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
    Yes Al, the Jerries have certainly stolen a march on the rest of us, but, as for the rest, which includes us, the experts are saying that the stats are very muddied because in some cases we are not comparing apples with apples. When we do a review eventually, the results will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    The obese and smokers are def identified as having a higher risk, and that goes for any inensive care treatment as well.

Off to the gym. 😎
    They are also more likely to die from heart attacks, diabetes, strokes, cancer and other ailments.
    I say again you have much more chance of dying of more things than Covid 19.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    They are also more likely to die from heart attacks, diabetes, strokes, cancer and other ailments.
    I say again you have much more chance of dying of more things than Covid 19.
    You miss the point again Des,are you not watching news items closely.

It’s how sick and how quickly people become sick with Covid.

More than 50% of people who enter ICU don’t come out.

I believe it’s 57% of those who have to be ventilated who die.

Listen to the nurses and doctors dealing with this who are saying they have never seen anything to even remotely come close to this.

It’s irrelevant how many are dying from other stuff it’s all about the volume and the overwhelming numbers of people being consumed by Covid.

If we just allowed life to continue as normal the predicted number of deaths is around 600,000 in the first wave of Covid or around 1% of the population and in a very short time frame.

Good luck to you and your wife with her asthma if you just think we should be blasé about this.

If you wife catches this her chances are likely to be extremely slim.......if she catches flu it wouldn’t be great but her chances would be far higher.

Medical professionals are describing this disease as “deadly”.

Take heed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You miss the point again Des,are you not watching news items closely.

It’s how sick and how quickly people become sick with Covid.

More than 50% of people who enter ICU don’t come out.

I believe it’s 57% of those who have to be ventilated who die.

Listen to the nurses and doctors dealing with this who are saying they have never seen anything to even remotely come close to this.

It’s irrelevant how many are dying from other stuff it’s all about the volume and the overwhelming numbers of people being consumed by Covid.

If we just allowed life to continue as normal the predicted number of deaths is around 600,000 in the first wave of Covid or around 1% of the population and in a very short time frame.

Good luck to you and your wife with her asthma if you just think we should be blasé about this.

If you wife catches this her chances are likely to be extremely slim.......if she catches flu it wouldn’t be great but her chances would be far higher.

Medical professionals are describing this disease as “deadly”.

Take heed.
    And other experts and epidemiologists calculate with a much lower risk and death rate (0,1%), and state that 99% of those who catch the virus will hardly notice it.

I do watch and read the news, but, very hard for us non experts to be certain, when experts aren’t, isn’t it?

I am supportive of this government and especially Boris but still stand by what I have said - we were too slow, not prepared and did not learn lessons quickly from Italy. Even Whitty has said we have a lot to learn from Germany - better tracing - huge testing - more ventilators and no real issues with PPE. From the horses mouth as such - “ we have a lot to learn “

Personally - I hope we don’t ease the lock down too quickly!! Also the furlough scheme was poorly organised as many who needed financial help did not meet the criteria! How the f uckin hell can football clubs like Newcastle furlough their staff along with the Beckhams!! Both owners are worth millions!!!

Keep strong now Boris - tell Branson to f uck himself with any bail out just like the Australian government have done!
    If only things in life were so black and white with no unintended consequences!

Whilst I agree with everyone the mega rich should have hands in pockets, if Virgin anything went out of business what would Branson lose? A bit of sleep? The real losers would be Virgin cleaners, trolley dollies, desk staff etc etc.

So for me not so clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    If only things in life were so black and white with no unintended consequences!

Whilst I agree with everyone the mega rich should have hands in pockets, if Virgin anything went out of business what would Branson lose? A bit of sleep? The real losers would be Virgin cleaners, trolley dollies, desk staff etc etc.

So for me not so clear cut.

See your point 9goals but someone else will mop up the business ie Delta who own 49% of Virgin. All good people get jobs elsewhere especially pilots/captains etc as many of the Thomas Cook staff soon found jobs. I also think tour operators/airlines should pay a bond so if they go bust like Thomas Cook as the repatriation of bringing customers back from overseas should be paid from a bond and not the taxpayers purse. ABTA only cover the cost of holidays in many cases and not bringing customers back from overseas. The Thomas Cook saga was scandalous as the government spent millions bringing customers home but the Board of that company creamed off many millions in salaries/dividends which should have been paid back. Again the rich fill their pockets ( like Branson and this Board ) and the run of the mill workers get shafted!

See your point 9goals but someone else will mop up the business ie Delta who own 49% of Virgin. All good people get jobs elsewhere especially pilots/captains etc as many of the Thomas Cook staff soon found jobs. I also think tour operators/airlines should pay a bond so if they go bust like Thomas Cook as the repatriation of bringing customers back from overseas should be paid from a bond and not the taxpayers purse. ABTA only cover the cost of holidays in many cases and not bringing customers back from overseas. The Thomas Cook saga was scandalous as the government spent millions bringing customers home but the Board of that company creamed off many millions in salaries/dividends which should have been paid back. Again the rich fill their pockets ( like Branson and this Board ) and the run of the mill workers get shafted!
    But last year people were flying. Can't see there being much call for any airline related jobs any time soon.

BTW. Not true Germany does not have PPE supply problems. Very true they have an efficient Health Service and had prepared for a pandemic.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 01-05-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    But last year people were flying. Can't see there being much call for any airline related jobs any time soon.

BTW. Not true Germany does not have PPE supply problems. Very true they have an efficient Health Service and had prepared for a pandemic.

Mick - any suggestions on what you could do with Virgin Cabin Crew girls please?

Hey Al. Hope you're on the mend chap. Have to agree about Thomas Cook. I see BA want a bailout as well despite the holding group sitting on a cash mountain. They should have gone to the wall years ago as they really are cr*p. This virus has highlighted the fact that several industries like airlines and football for too long have run out of date business models that need massive correction. They aren't sustainable in tough times and it didn't take long for them to get found out.

Mick - any suggestions on what you could do with Virgin Cabin Crew girls please?
    I see lots of trolley dollies get off the train as our local station is a couple of stops from Gatwick. All very smart, most very attractive.

Unfortunately only one I know is a 6ft+ Scotsmen called Robbie who I don't think is interested in older men. Also he is already in a gay 'marriage' can you imagine how bitchy a break up would be!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)