+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost Worst In Europe - Coronavirus

Almost Worst In Europe - Coronavirus

Well well - give it a few days then we will have the most deaths in Europe when we overtake Italy. Surprised? Not really - whilst I like Boris - we were too slow with everything, not prepared, and learnt not a lot from what was going on in Italy!
    Lock down - our lock down compared with Spain and Italy is an extended Bank Holiday! Thought we would have less cases being an island - then again with every Tom, Dick and Harry entering - some island!

Then snowflakes are asking ie Martin - Weatherspoons will re-open in June! You are havin a laugh as would not open pubs until it's almost the last place to re-open!

Restart football - yes we all want this but how can up to 300 be inside a stadium and 300 not be in a park, play area or anywhere similar? Oh I forgot - money! How will all these relatives whose loved ones have died view football re-starting and still social distancing measures in place?

Personally speaking, the season should be resumed whenever it's completely safe, even if this is August and should take precedent over the new season. The new season could be cut short - scrap the no nothing minor cup, FA cup, and Euros which not many could give a flying f uck about! Oh I forgot again - money!

Get tough now Boris - tell the Tim Martin's, Richard Branson's and those abusing the furlough scheme ( rich owners ) to go
    f uck themselves. Also, don't break the lock down too soon - yes it's a fine balance between economy and deaths, but if the lock down ( pathetic lock down as it is ) is eased too soon - a huge spike with infections, more deaths and shutting everything down again could turn public opinion against you.

Schools - whilst all parents want kids to go back to school - what's the bid deal if it's September like Italy! We have sold a huge amount of school learning books and all good parents will probably do more with their kids than being at school, although yes the social side is not great. It's well known, that home schooled kids are usually mega clever - not my choice but can understand why, when you look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Well well - give it a few days then we will have the most deaths in Europe when we overtake Italy. Surprised? Not really - whilst I like Boris - we were too slow with everything, not prepared, and learnt not a lot from what was going on in Italy!
    Lock down - our lock down compared with Spain and Italy is an extended Bank Holiday! Thought we would have less cases being an island - then again with every Tom, Dick and Harry entering - some island!

Then snowflakes are asking ie Martin - Weatherspoons will re-open in June! You are havin a laugh as would not open pubs until it's almost the last place to re-open!

Restart football - yes we all want this but how can up to 300 be inside a stadium and 300 not be in a park, play area or anywhere similar? Oh I forgot - money! How will all these relatives whose loved ones have died view football re-starting and still social distancing measures in place?

Personally speaking, the season should be resumed whenever it's completely safe, even if this is August and should take precedent over the new season. The new season could be cut short - scrap the no nothing minor cup, FA cup, and Euros which not many could give a flying f uck about! Oh I forgot again - money!

Get tough now Boris - tell the Tim Martin's, Richard Branson's and those abusing the furlough scheme ( rich owners ) to go
    f uck themselves. Also, don't break the lock down too soon - yes it's a fine balance between economy and deaths, but if the lock down ( pathetic lock down as it is ) is eased too soon - a huge spike with infections, more deaths and shutting everything down again could turn public opinion against you.

Schools - whilst all parents want kids to go back to school - what's the bid deal if it's September like Italy! We have sold a huge amount of school learning books and all good parents will probably do more with their kids than being at school, although yes the social side is not great. It's well known, that home schooled kids are usually mega clever - not my choice but can understand why, when you look into it.
    Seven weeks this week ( Thursday 30th April ) for me in “isolation” which was two weeks ahead of the government instigating it.

I couldn’t believe how slow we were.......Cheltenham racing and the Liverpool v Athletico fixture were an utter nonsense.

I take care of my own life and don’t wait to be instructed and even my own wife and mother ridiculed me seven weeks ago.

I pulled out of a deal to buy a new rental property in mid February and the agent thought I’d lost my mind when I cited Coronavirus as the reason.

I had to explain to her that a storm was coming,the like of which we’d never seen but she obviously thought I was making a lame excuse........not doing many house viewings these days are you love!?

There is only two ways out of this as I said on here a couple of weeks ago,

1/ They create a virus in 12-18 months.

2/ Natural selection.......like it was through ancient history.....survival of the fittest.

I doubt that’ll be good for me but ultimately it’s the right solution if all else fails because mankind will refuse to live as it is now in perpetuity.

Unfortunately due to the high death rate, the treatment of the elderly and the ongoing fiasco with PPE and testing mean that when the time is right serious questions will need to be asked about the governments strategy or lack of it, not only were we to slow to go into lockdown we had nobody to enforce it unlike other countries, now despite the fact that we are still supposed to be in lockdown more and more companies especially the big one's seem to have been allowed to re-open, your not allowed to sit in a park 2 meters away from someone but you can queue outside B&Q for hours. We keep being told every day that the government are being told what they can and can't do by scientists, not the government making decisions, I really think it will be well into next year when get an vaccine before life gets back to near normal and I might be able to get to visit my elderly parents again.

I have a feeling a vaccine might never happen and that we all end up taking our chances as we see fit!

By the time a vaccine is available it is possible that the virus will have mutated into one that the vaccine doesn’t touch!

If you could look on the back of each Covid19 virus, I wouldn’t be surprised to read ‘made in China’!

We could see an “end of world” scenario if this virus can’t be tamed.

It could be like “Mad Max” in the coming years......society could turn to s h I t.

Instead of helping your neighbours people will be robbing them within two years!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I have a feeling a vaccine might never happen and that we all end up taking our chances as we see fit!
    You can't get a cure for a virus, it keeps mutating so as soon as you develop one it's obsolete. This is why i never have the flu jab, it's last years flu.
    We are just being used as Guinea pigs with flu jabs. They don't work, there isn't even a cure for a common cold and even a cold can develop into something more deadly.
    The only way is for people to build an immunity, so more people will get it and unfortunately more will die.
    If we had locked down earlier it would have still got here eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We could see an “end of world” scenario if this virus can’t be tamed.

It could be like “Mad Max” in the coming years......society could turn to s h I t.

Instead of helping your neighbours people will be robbing them within two years!
    People are already going mad after five weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

Agree with pretty much everything you’ve said they’re Al. I’d definitely finish this season however long that takes but only when the times right

I suspect as a country we’ve made a real hash of managing this crisis. The stats won’t lie in the final reckoning when compared with Europe, US etc.

I just hope people remember the likes of Ashley, Levy, Ryanair and all the other showers of s*it who’ve done nothing but look to exploit people and get financial gain out of this disaster.

I think that are right Stripes. The stats won't wont lie and probably show that we haven't done too bad compared with the rest of Europe.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)