+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Football restarting. . .

I hate the Tories with a passion but if anyone thinks taking them to task while this is going on will do any good well I am afraid your wrong. Do that they won't listen anyway and they will get off lightly.
    Let's all get through this then hit them with both barrels when hard facts are there to use and not opinions and estimates. You mark my words though, a few heads will roll but Boris Johnson won't be one of them.
    Let's just remember the NHS, as underfunded as they are and how they were unprepared and I mean that equipment wise not ability as being the heroes and everyone else keeping the country going. I will doff my cap to them not the govt.
    One of the things what struck me is the new Nightingale hospitals. As good as they are, when the 1st warnings were made about this disease why weren't these made to be quarantine settings instead of hospitals. People coming into and back into the country could have been placed there instead of just waved through the airports. Yes the govt was slow, but when we come out the other side is the time to take them to task. Let's all remember those who have sadly died and their families, and the NHS workers who can't go home to families at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    Thank you for responding but.....Everybody thinks there a joke - incorrect! I am not a supporter but you are incorrect in that there is still and there was a lot of support for them! Facts and truth are important. Otherwise you start to believe that lies are truth! Interesting though, that you cannot bring yourself to condemn any tories and they are legion in their complicity: the idiot that is patel and the out of touch rees-mogg or indeed the libertarian buffoon that is liz truss! Nor any commendation of Cummings who would be happy to see the people used as an experiment! "hardly succeeding for the sake of the people."

As for spin; it is what has led us into this mess. It would be nice if people woke up to the facts and the reality of current political ideology and where that is taking us. The truth will out and the government found wanting but I suspect people will forget and think BJ was a Churchilian hero!
    Course there's a lot of Tory idiots but interesting that at the moment that boris has the highest rating of the western leaders at 64% - that making comparisons with imaginary scenarios is ridiculous remember when half the population was going to die of aids then madcow

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I know it's Sly News but others are reporting the same.

https://youtu.be/JXAO_HAFM5w
    Tragically true, I’m afraid. Never mind respirators they aren’t even managing to collect the dead and it’s been like that for weeks.
    Their government’s main concern at the minute is covering up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    still not the answer - still condenming the goverment when they should be supported - quick to condenm the premier league about restarting when the german league are starting next week - condenming the uk for national lockdown when it was on the same day the germans started their national lockdown - condenming the lack of PPE when german and french doctors are going naked in protest over lack of PPE - our health services have spare capacity bed wise when the italians ran out of beds and the french sent patients to germany - quoting hospitals numbers only when most of the other countries do the same It's about time some people who are trying to run the crisis
    And who is performing all of these accusations?

It pains me to say it but I would have attributed a post like yours above to a combination of both Ghostrider and Pboromag had they still been posting on here.

just for you Tanya lol

great song [has to be played loudly)

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    And who is performing all of these accusations?

It pains me to say it but I would have attributed a post like yours above to a combination of both Ghostrider and Pboromag had they still been posting on here.
    you can't admit that the government has done anything right - doesn't matter who is in power - and we've finally to sunk to your 2 mates pmag and ghost as an answer - tread carefully on that one

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    great song [has to be played loudly)
    from digley dell a great album

you can't admit that the government has done anything right - doesn't matter who is in power - and we've finally to sunk to your 2 mates pmag and ghost as an answer - tread carefully on that one
    Well show where I HAVE NEVER ADMITTED THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS NEVER DONE ANY THING RIGHT.

Every government in this country over hundreds of years has got things right and got things wrong. Their success or failure depends on how clever they are at listening to the right warnings of trends and taking appropriate action in advance of situations.

At least if you could show where I have never admitted that the government has never done anything right it would be better than continually harping on about yesterday's nonentity, dangerous losers, Corbyn and Abbott, disliked and distrusted by the moderate slightly, left of centre majority of the labour party.

And would I be correct in thinking that the "tread carefully" warning is to avoid being a "catalyst" as poor Belgium and Poland were

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Well show where I HAVE NEVER ADMITTED THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS NEVER DONE ANY THING RIGHT.

Every government in this country over hundreds of years has got things right and got things wrong. Their success or failure depends on how clever they are at listening to the right warnings of trends and taking appropriate action in advance of situations.

At least if you could show where I have never admitted that the government has never done anything right it would be better than continually harping on about yesterday's nonentity, dangerous losers, Corbyn and Abbott, disliked and distrusted by the moderate slightly, left of centre majority of the labour party.

And would I be correct in thinking that the "tread carefully" warning is to avoid being a "catalyst" as poor Belgium and Poland were
    right firstly - nowhere in this thread have you said the government has done anything right - secondly i mentioned corbyn and abbott once and abbott once in a quip about her ability to count thirdly tread carefully - don't do a personal attack on me and compare me to your 2 mates I don't it with anyone so don't start with me

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)