+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Football restarting. . .

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Conversely you could say that you have an admiration for the government, whose leader from being a TE_ENager is a proven inveterate and incorrigable liar, have been responsible over the time that their party took office for the austerity which has left the health service under funded for more than a decade and ill prepared with lack of equipment and safety aparrel to function BOTH SAFELY AND EFFICIENTLY.

Why even compare us with other countries. Compare us with what we are doing as an alternative to what we could be doing.

I repeat that more than two years ago our government were warned to be prepared for a pamdemic type virus. I'm not interested that you say others were also warned and didn't react. The fact is that our government did not react.

You have the situation of a cabinet minister, Grant Shapps on the Andrew Marr show only this morning, not only admittiing but clearly stating that we had failed to set up the testing procedure early enough, and had it been begun two months before it was and the figure of 100,000 genuinely achieved two months ago then more than 20,000 lives would have been saved.

THAT IS NOT POLITICAL BIAS. IT IS A FACT NO MATTER WHICH PARTY IS IN POWER. MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE.
    oh and pandemic warnings they have been going on for years

https://www.genengnews.com/a-lists/b...warning-signs/

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    bull !! firstly i dont support tories i support the incumbent government who are try to give everybody a bit of hope - second how can you compare us with imaginary scenarios it can't be done - which government was warned ! not this one - the trouble is people like you pat want the government and their advisors -( and make no mistake the government has been following the advice of the people in the know) to fail
    Here is the imaginary scenario.

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...erent-we-ready

You are talking monkey nuts to say I want government to fail.

I want government, no matter which party to succeed and bring this nation up to the standard we deserve.

The Tory government for the past decade has failed the health service, the envirionment, look at the state of the roads over the past decade, look at the general infrasructure of what local councils, Tory, Labour or Lib Dem have been allowed to carry out over the past decade. Look at the increase in sophisticated crime. Look at Police resources.

Now tell me that under the Tories they were all better a decade ago, with out saying the previous Labour government left nowt in the kitty when the worldwide Tory controlled and operated banks had to be bailed out for trillions of dollars because of greed and mismanagement.

You have the situation of a cabinet minister, Grant Shapps on the Andrew Marr show only this morning, not only admittiing but clearly stating that we had failed to set up the testing procedure early enough, and had it been begun two months before it was and the figure of 100,000 genuinely achieved two months ago then more than 20,000 lives would have been saved.
    Is that what Shapps said, Bill. More than 20,000 lives ? (I didn't watch the show)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Is that what Shapps said, Bill. More than 20,000 lives ? (I didn't watch the show)
    Yes he said it of his own, honest free will. Don't know if it was recorded or if it will be repeated but reactions will be interesting.

If you not a Tory how come then you constantly only take the rise out of old labour re abbot and corbyn when the tories have patel and rees-mogg and far worse? A diversion from the facts! If you cannot see the political issues that have helped made this pandemic worse then your reading the wrong papers or wherever you’re getting your information from. And the pandemic exercise we took in 2017, the results ignored but that’s ok then because they been going on for years! The link you attached only proves the point that nothing has been done when it is a known fact a pandemic will strike – too costly for our western system to invest in! Here is quote from your link: “Nobody knew there’d be a pandemic” … “Nobody has ever seen anything like this before” … “Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened.” Those were President Trump’s words in March about the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, a further quote from your link: Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, gave fair warning of one of the worst fears associated with the prospect of a pandemic: “Any protection we might conceivably design depends on the foresight and commitment of politicians.” Horton penned those words 25 years ago, in 1995, reviewing Laurie Garrett’s The Coming Plague and Richard Preston’s classic The Hot Zone. But foresight was in tragically short supply. “Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened…”

ex-pat is spot on in his analysis and your constant defending of the status quo and your anti-labour stance is quite telling. I notice that people always do the whataboutery when losing an argument - deflect the blame a standard tactic to divert attention away from the truth. I for one do not believe we are all in it together and the fact that most people have been fooled by obfuscation of the facts and political lies has demonstrated how the alt-right appear to have a grip on the media and current political thinking. Remember it was Dominic Cummings the guru of number 10 who allegedly said people will die, so be it and there are the older ones so collateral damage is ok if we go down the route of herd immunity; of which Boris agreed until he took a doze of it! Why would you wait until this is over to question the tactics, policies and strategy of the government of the day. On that basis you as well ask us to heed the wise words of Trump and Bolsonaro.
    Last edited by Curian; 03-05-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Yes and if you care to recall history Winston Spencer Churchill in the early 1930's warned the world about the rise of the Nazis in Germany and also warned the world of WW2 starting but unfortunately very few listened to him and didn't take heed

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    If you not a Tory how come, then you constantly only take the rise out of old labour re abbot and corbyn when the tories have patel and rees-mogg and far worse? A diversion from the facts! If you cannot see the political issues that have helped made this pandemic worse then your reading the wrong papers or wherever you’re getting your information from. And the pandemic exercise we took in 2017, the results ignored but that’s ok then because they been going on for years! The link attached only proves the point that nothing has been done when it is a known fact a pandemic will strike – too costly for our western system to invest in! Here is quote from your link: “Nobody knew there’d be a pandemic” … “Nobody has ever seen anything like this before” … “Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened.” Those were President Trump’s words in March about the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, a further quote from your link: Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, gave fair warning of one of the worst fears associated with the prospect of a pandemic: “Any protection we might conceivably design depends on the foresight and commitment of politicians.” Horton penned those words 25 years ago, in 1995, reviewing Laurie Garrett’s The Coming Plague and Richard Preston’s classic The Hot Zone. But foresight was in tragically short supply. “Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened…”

ex-pat is spot on in his analysis and your constant defending of the status quo and anti-labour stance is quite telling. I notice that people always do the whataboutery when losing an argument - deflect the blame a standard tactic to divert attention away from the truth. I for one do not believe we are all in it together and the fact that most people have been fooled by obfuscation of the facts and political lies has demonstrated how the alt-right appear to have a grip on the media and current political thinking. Remember it was Dominic Cummings the guru of number 10 who allegedly said people will die, so be it and there are the older ones so collateral damage is ok if we go down the route of herd immunity; of which Boris agreed until he took a doze of it! Why would you wait until this is over to question the tactics, policies and strategy of the government of the day. On that basis you as well ask us to heed the wise words of Trump and Bolsonaro.
    nope not tory just want the government to succeed for the sake of the people - pat singled out the government's failure to act 2 years ago and i posted the link showing the many times we've been warned and failed to act - trump is an idiot so i certainly don't support him lol - any positive spin from the government gives people a bit of hope so why condemn the government now - i dont and wouldn't it do so if it was labour - regards corbyn and abbott well everybody thinks they are jokes

Yes he said it of his own, honest free will. Don't know if it was recorded or if it will be repeated but reactions will be interesting.
    Found a clip in the "New European' where he says "some deaths could have been prevented" no mention of numbers.

20,000 seems an awful lot to me.

nope not tory just want the government to succeed for the sake of the people - pat singled out the government's failure to act 2 years ago and i posted the link showing the many times we've been warned and failed to act - trump is an idiot so i certainly don't support him lol - any positive spin from the government gives people a bit of hope so why condemn the government now - i dont and wouldn't it do so if it was labour - regards corbyn and abbott well everybody thinks they are jokes
    Well I can only endorse what you say about people of the past, Corbyn and Abbot but of what significance are they now.

In fact I would be bold enough to say that had Kier Starmer been leader of the Labour party a couple of years ago and the likes of the lefties eg. Corbyn, Abbott and a couple of dozen others in control replaced with centre left moderates then they would be in power now and this horrific disater we are going through would be at least better managed than it is now with 1,000's of fewer deaths of remarkable people only doing their jobs and propping up society.

Thank you for responding but.....Everybody thinks there a joke - incorrect! I am not a supporter but you are incorrect in that there is still and there was a lot of support for them! Facts and truth are important. Otherwise you start to believe that lies are truth! Interesting though, that you cannot bring yourself to condemn any tories and they are legion in their complicity: the idiot that is patel and the out of touch rees-mogg or indeed the libertarian buffoon that is liz truss! Nor any commendation of Cummings who would be happy to see the people used as an experiment! "hardly succeeding for the sake of the people."

As for spin; it is what has led us into this mess. It would be nice if people woke up to the facts and the reality of current political ideology and where that is taking us. The truth will out and the government found wanting but I suspect people will forget and think BJ was a Churchilian hero!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)