+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If the get the new owners...

Keeping the black and white stripes is non-negotiable....I'd prefer not to change the crest, but as long as the replacement was tasteful I'm not too bothered...

They may well change the name of the stadium as it's a way to inject money into the club...Ashley did it for free which was the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Keeping the black and white stripes is non-negotiable....I'd prefer not to change the crest, but as long as the replacement was tasteful I'm not too bothered...

They may well change the name of the stadium as it's a way to inject money into the club...Ashley did it for free which was the problem...
    Ars enal = The Emirates
    Man City = The Etihad
    Newcastle = The Riyadh

I do Miss the Mid 80s NUFC Crest with the little magpie so if we went back to that id be happy But can only see a few minor tweaks on the kit really nothing major

Aye, crest has been changed before so if tastefully done i could get behind it.

I don't think they'll change the stripes - it's a core part of the Newcastle brand which they are going to want to sell around the world.

Yep...we've had different crests (although the one that was just NUF with the C underneath was shit, imo. ) and much as I like the current one because it's more or less our City's crest, I wouldn't be too vexed if it was changed.

The stripes, however, are sacred. There was that tweet with a dark browny/red saying 'you haven't seen anything yet' (or something to that effect) and a part of me did worry that that was a little hint?

Hopefully not because pure black and white stripes is the only home kit we should ever be seen in and you'd think they wouldn't want to change something so intrinsic to our 'brand'?

The away strips always change
    Perhaps it could be the green if SA flag?
    That would work ok for me

I would prefer to keep our sacred black and white
    But renaming SJP The aranco stadium for £100M per annum or aranco as a shirt sponsor would be an easy way to inject cash into the club, to offset the FFP.

How much did manure make from Chevrolet?

Aye, the sponsorship deals will be important for FFP and the amount we can spend although they'll have to be watertight as isn't that what Man City got into bother for-twenty billion pounds to sponsor their shoeleaces or something/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, the sponsorship deals will be important for FFP and the amount we can spend although they'll have to be watertight as isn't that what Man City got into bother for-twenty billion pounds to sponsor their shoeleaces or something/
    It was - they've tightened this type of thing up to stop clubs like city, psg. . . us doing it.

You also know they'll be watching us very closely for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

You also know they'll be watching us very closely for a while.

As will the whole footballing world....astounding to think!!

And so, so many of them will be looking on green with envy, thinking 'I wish it could be us'.

Oh, apart from the Clowns as they'd rather be in League 1 with Pinky and Perky in charge. Every time they fill their car up or bitch about us on Twitter, they're adding to our transfer kitty, man!!
    Last edited by Zippity; 30-04-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: norks

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    As will the whole footballing world....astounding to think!!

And so, so many of them will be looking on green with envy, thinking 'I wish it could be us'.

Oh, apart from the Clowns as they'd rather be in League 1 with Pinky and Perky in charge. Every time they fill their car up or bitch about us on Twitter, they're adding to our transfer kitty, man!!
    Sshhhhh don't tell them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)