+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: North East Football Journalists

North East Football Journalists

I don't know how many of you guys have been on Twitter this morning, but a well known national Football journalist Miguel Delaney has been on an anti-Newcastle United tirade ever since this this takeover talk has started.

Anyways after his latest quip, he took aim against #cans, our regions journalists (except Lee Ryder) have all gone together in force and defended the hashtag and our fans. Some great reading of the back and forth between them all whilst you're having your coffee, the likes of; George Caulkin, Chris Waugh, Mark Douglas and even Luke Edwards really do understand the region and our fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    I don't know how many of you guys have been on Twitter this morning, but a well known national Football journalist Miguel Delaney has been on an anti-Newcastle United tirade ever since this this takeover talk has started.

Anyways after his latest quip, he took aim against #cans, our regions journalists (except Lee Ryder) have all gone together in force and defended the hashtag and our fans. Some great reading of the back and forth between them all whilst you're having your coffee, the likes of; George Caulkin, Chris Waugh, Mark Douglas and even Luke Edwards really do understand the region and our fanbase.
    deleany is complete to$$er

Quote Originally Posted by finnaz View Post
    deleany is complete to$$er
    You're telling me, I don't think I've ever come across a more hypocritical stubborn sh!t stirring ar$ehole in my entire life.
    Last edited by Mag_Laad; 01-05-2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: My sin of writing 'your' instead 'you're'

Aye, i saw that - good for them.

It's pathetic, he wasn't making all this noise when his club (Man Utd) were being linked with takeover by Saudis.

Aye Jammy, he has been trying to deny he is a Man United supporter as well.

He doesn't reply to any of the tweets that people bring up the fact he writes for a publication that is owned by Saudi's either.

I LOVE the #cans thing. The fact that our fans have accepted that, with the current situation, we can't go out to celebrate one of the biggest things to ever happen to our club and have instead created this way of celebrating safely 'together' is absolutely brilliant.

Whilst it's a lighthearted thing, it also has a serious side because it's an acknowledgement that, whilst we all want to celebrate, we can't gather together to do it (although I'm absolutely sure some morons will still make their way to the ground to make us look stupid in front of the inevitable Sky cameras).

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    Aye Jammy, he has been trying to deny he is a Man United supporter as well.

He doesn't reply to any of the tweets that people bring up the fact he writes for a publication that is owned by Saudi's either.
    A Saudi and a former Russian KGB agent now billionaire (must have been on a canny bonus scheme).

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    A Saudi and a former Russian KGB agent now billionaire (must have been on a canny bonus scheme).
    Dat Putin money! *CHING, CHING*

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)