+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Face Masks?

Question Face Masks?

Six weeks in to the Corona Circus and the Fantasy Factory are still "undecided" on how to tell us (Joe Public) to go about wearing them or not.

Is it me or are our government totally fu-cking useless?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Six weeks in to the Corona Circus and the Fantasy Factory are still "undecided" on how to tell us (Joe Public) to go about wearing them or not.

BT --stop making a drama out of a crisis (remember that advert?).
    It is quite simple really --if you want to wear a mask, which are in short supply for those who really need them, then go ahead and wear it if it makes you happy --it is your choice at the moment.
    When we are told that we must wear masks then we can expect the full load of Human Rights being brought out and them telling us that it should be a matter of personal choice etc., etc.
    Whatever happens you will still be able to continue Tory bashing as is your desire.
    It is so much better being apolitical because it just doesn't bother me and I get no say in what happens anyway --good isn't it?

Check your blood pressure, although I can understand why you are all uptight because you categorically stated that this was all nonsense and would be over by Mayday ----ooops!
    Never mind, we are all still here unlike some 20000+ who aren't.

"Never mind, we are all still here unlike some 20000+ who aren't."

The vast majority of those are coffin dodgers with underlying health issues (costing the NHS a fortune) or residents of care homes (costing the government a fortune in pensions and social care).

This round of socio-economic genocide will save us a fortune in the long run Supersub6.

Holding our government to account and questioning their (in)efficiency is not "Tory bashing", I'm just asking whether what they are doing is right or not? I'm erring on the side of fu-cking useless right now.

Check your blood pressure, although I can understand why you are all uptight because you categorically stated that this was all nonsense and would be over by Mayday ----ooops!

If you go to Astley Bridge ASDA or Bolton's Burnden Retail Park today Supersub6, you would swear it is.

Are we in lockdown or not? Incidentally, about a third of those queuing were wearing face masks, even though Johnson is not convinced they are any use.

Post COVID-19 recovery and the birth of yet another illegitimate sprog, Johnson seems to have adopted the "I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!" slogan as his battle mantra. I much preferred, "Let's Get Brexit Done!"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --stop making a drama out of a crisis (remember that advert?).
    It is quite simple really --if you want to wear a mask, which are in short supply for those who really need them, then go ahead and wear it if it makes you happy --it is your choice at the moment.
    When we are told that we must wear masks then we can expect the full load of Human Rights being brought out and them telling us that it should be a matter of personal choice etc., etc.
    Whatever happens you will still be able to continue Tory bashing as is your desire.
    It is so much better being apolitical because it just doesn't bother me and I get no say in what happens anyway --good isn't it?

Never mind, we are all still here unlike some 20000+ who aren't.
    Six weeks in and from SKY...

A spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson said ministers are still considering what guidance to issue to the public during the COVID-19 lockdown.

Fu-ck me! SAGE must know by now whether masks should be mandatory or not? How much are we actually paying these "experts", I wonder?

BT --you pay too much attention to the news and all the different opinions of so-called 'experts'
    Let's face it, if they were all as good as they are making out, we would never have had this virus problem anyway, they would have stamped it out.

One thing that has puzzled me this week concerns a good friend who has passed away at home after being laid low by cancer. He and his wife had been together for 70 years and they wanted to take him into hospital or into a hospice but she would not have been able to visit. She stuck to her guns and looked after him at home in spite of it being bloody hard work because he was in quite a bit of pain and was on morphine which affected his control of things. Anyway, she did it and saw him through to the end.
    Why am I puzzled? They asked her if she required a post mortem! Why? Did they want to include him in the virus figures although he had never shown any symptoms? I wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Here you are BT, some sense from the Ribble Valley for you. You can wear a face mask if you want, won't make any difference. Covid 19 is such a tiny virus there is no face mask with pores small enough to filter it out. In fact they could even be dangerous, giving their wearers a false sense of security. When I start going out again I won't go near anyone wearing one, they might think they can cough and sneeze near anyone with impunity, but if they cough or sneeze inside one near you, you could be in trouble. I won't be wasting my timer wearing one, and I won't be approaching anyone who does.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Here you are BT, some sense from the Ribble Valley for you. You can wear a face mask if you want, won't make any difference. Covid 19 is such a tiny virus there is no face mask with pores small enough to filter it out. In fact they could even be dangerous, giving their wearers a false sense of security. When I start going out again I won't go near anyone wearing one, they might think they can cough and sneeze near anyone with impunity, but if they cough or sneeze inside one near you, you could be in trouble. I won't be wasting my timer wearing one, and I won't be approaching anyone who does.
    You should be on SAGE sinkov. Most bit of common sense about face masks I have read all week.

I carry a face mask just because we can not enter some stores/shops ,the post office, banks etc, without them. But as soon as I am outside off it goes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)