+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One month in...

One month in...

And what is everyone missing about normal life?
    Is anybody bothered about this season now or do you want to see it out even if it's behind closed doors?
    How are coping with restrictions on seeing family members?
    Coming back to Nottingham has been ****,I miss a certain somebody's company and friendship and I can't wait to head back south as soon as I can,I can't even sit by the Trent with Coco to give him some freedom of the boredom of sitting indoors
    So,what about you,what have you missed about normality?

Walking Molly on Hunstanton beach. She wont go in which is surprising. There is the Waterside bar in Hunstanton, I recommend it, its got sea views, good hearty English food and plenty of it, very welcome after cavorting in the sea. The staff are friendly, you can bring any number of dogs in, and they get ti tbits, and water is available. The vibe is excellent, a friendly relaxed place, it even has live music in the evening. Hunstanton hasn't changed at all since I was a lad, they used to sell the Cambridge News on the beach there. That's gone though.

It calls itself a Georgian resort and it is. Apart from the shops all there is is amusement arcades, bingo, trips on a boat, a sea life centre fish and chips, and that's it.

I have spent hours dropping tuppences into those shove a halfpenny machines. If you get the right machine you can walk out with more tuppences than you walked in with. I had a mate from Stratford come, and he was embarrassed by it. He wasn't going to drop tuppences into that machine. He was embarrassed and so was I. I was embarrassed because he thought he was better than Hunstanton.

Keef of Saffron Walden.

Football WILL NOT be played in stadiums until a vaccine is produced. Fact.

Behind closed doors will not happen until a vaccine is produced. Fact

We are in unprecedented times, safe isolation, social distancing and nae barbers is here for a long time.

Thems the facts. Nightmare I know but it's the truth.

You are probably right Rab,I don't think that the new season will in August either and even if it does then probably behind closed doors for a couple of months,it's going to hit lower league clubs hard with season ticket sales,on the day attendences plus profit from drinks and food etc,I suppose that it will be even worst for lower league Scottish clubs

You divvent need a barber Rab, just shave it off. That's what I've done this week. Admittedly I didert have too much left on top anyways but it's very liberating and if you leave just enough on, it looks cool as ****.

And I calculate that by doing this from now on I'll be saving about £88 per year.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)