+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It’s over for football this season.

I think we should scrap the 2020/21 season as everyone would be on zero pts. Then finish of this season sometime after Christmas into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think if 75-80 % of a league is played, the tables should stand as they are under these extraordinary circumstances (then if that could be in line with rules and regulations of the leagues, I do not know).
    The only way this is fair is if everyone has played the same number of games OR if it’s done by average number of points per game..

I would guess that in future the rules in each league will cover this happening again and that average points per game will be the measure.

Nothing else makes fair sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The only way this is fair is if everyone has played the same number of games OR if it’s done by average number of points per game..

I would guess that in future the rules in each league will cover this happening again and that average points per game will be the measure.

Nothing else makes fair sense really.
    The championship is ok then, and the rest by average points per game then. 😎

When inclement weather interfered with the gambling side of football they used a panel to judge results, it's a wonder some hair brained dick hasn't suggested this yet.

I said weeks ago that the championship and below won't restart as they won't lose much tv money and because of the logistics of putting so many games on every weekend, but the prem will restart unless it impossible to do so behind closed doors.

Today's revelation that Brighton say playing neutral ground games are unfair so there should no relegation!

Nice try be ll end sky pay you billions for the drama of relegation not for friendlies that mean nothing, I would have thought a gambler like bloom would understand that, but maybe he's worried about his gamble of giving a 5 year deal to Potter not long after he'd signed his first.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think if 75-80 % of a league is played, the tables should stand as they are under these extraordinary circumstances (then if that could be in line with rules and regulations of the leagues, I do not know).
    We had world wars and cold wars, yet the FA did f uck all to legislate for a situation like this.

I personally think the rule should be if a Season starts then if it cannot continue then whatever it was when it stopped stands otherwise what would happen to the next season, ie European places etc, etc, the fans would have put their hand in their pockets and been to go to those games so to just dismiss those games would be unfair.

If the FA do what they should after this then everyone will know the rules and all this talk of legal action this and that can be thing of the past if a particular team doesn't get what it wants.

I heard a discussion on the radio about resuming the Premier League. It was stated that it would involve at the leagues insistence all players and non playing staff involved in putting the matches on being tested for Covid.

I wonder how that will sit with people given the majority of front line NHS and key workers can’t get tests? Proof that football is a minor priority that should take its turn in the queue and the season completed when everyone else starts moving again?

They can't promote us and Leeds without other teams being very narked. There are a clutch of clubs who could overtake us. We lose 2, Fulham win 2 and we could be in a play off position. There are all the other divisions as well, down to Stourbridge and betond. They a) all need sorting or b) the season is abandoned and all clubs start next season in the division they are currently in. Hard luck on us, Leeds, Coventry, Barrow etc. but I can't see how they can come to any other conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    They can't promote us and Leeds without other teams being very narked. There are a clutch of clubs who could overtake us. We lose 2, Fulham win 2 and we could be in a play off position. There are all the other divisions as well, down to Stourbridge and betond. They a) all need sorting or b) the season is abandoned and all clubs start next season in the division they are currently in. Hard luck on us, Leeds, Coventry, Barrow etc. but I can't see how they can come to any other conclusion.
    The season in the league level above Stourbridge and all levels below was nulled and voided weeks ago.

Good to see Chris has still got his finger on the footballing pulse, amazing in fact.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)