+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It’s over for football this season.

It’s over for football this season.

The season is over and anyone thinking it’ll resume behind closed doors is dreaming.

The season is either going to be written off or the top three teams in each division are going to be promoted.

No relegations to take place.

Next season there will be six relegation spots.

It’s either or.........there will be no middle ground and no resumption of play.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The season is over and anyone thinking it’ll resume behind closed doors is dreaming.

The season is either going to be written off or the top three teams in each division are going to be promoted.

No relegations to take place.

Next season there will be six relegation spots.

It’s either or.........there will be no middle ground and no resumption of play.

To be honest Mick - with the amount of daily deaths and the social distancing still in place - if the players did play behind closed doors - what message does this send to the public?

Also those clubs not involved in promotion or relegation will want the season scrapped as six weeks in a squad camp - the hardship of this!!! Players on 100K plus a week are desperate for their holidays and the six weeks sitting on their backsides does not count in their minds............

The season should be resumed with supporters when it's safe to do so even this means scrapping some of the new season - cups and the euros which nobody gives a flying f uck about!

This season will not be played to an end.

It’ll be ended by promoting three teams and relegation for nobody as to avoid law suits.

As has been pointed out today,if the season did resume and a player in a match or squad then tested positive everyone else in that squad and of any opposition would need to self isolate for two weeks.

The season could go on forever.

If it was up to me I’d start a new season next March and play summer football from now on.

Football needs to change fundamentally in so many ways so it might as well make radical changes whilst being given this time to think about it.

Can’t see football being played to a conclusion even behind closed doors.

That said I think they will just promote the top 2, us and Leeds and have 22 in the PL next season with 5 relegation places next season instead of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Can’t see football being played to a conclusion even behind closed doors.

That said I think they will just promote the top 2, us and Leeds and have 22 in the PL next season with 5 relegation places next season instead of 3.
    They’re discussing top three with six to go down next year across the divisions.

Oh what joy.......the chances of us finishing seventh from bottom 😆😆

More chance of Amanda Holden waking me up in the morning with a “hand shandy”.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    They’re discussing top three with six to go down next year across the divisions.

Oh what joy.......the chances of us finishing seventh from bottom 😆😆

More chance of Amanda Holden waking me up in the morning with a “hand shandy”.
    I would imagine that they are discussing many options. However, unless they are going to scrap the European competitions three up would mean the spoilt and overpaid prima donnas in the PL having to play another six games!

Blimey you will be expecting them to give you value for money next or even a pay cut to say £3 million per year.

Why don't they just scrap the two cup competitions next season and not have the February two week break. I am sure that the international friendlies could be culled as well. That would free up enough time to make a much later start to next season.

There's not much money to be had in Leagues one and two. No promotion or relegation. Championship no relegation. Promote us and Leeds in the top two. Play offs become one off ties as opposed to being two legs followed by a final. That's three games behind closed doors probably at St George's park. Seven day turn around. As for the Prem' either work the table at average points per game, or go back to what the table was when they'd played each other once or where they all were when they'd played the same amount of games. Job done.

There is no ideal solution to this dilemma. Having said this, I personally think that Liverpool should crowned as champions and us and Leeds should be promoted and no relegation. This would mean that, in turn,the top two from Divs. 1 and 2 could also be promoted. This could run through at all levels. If no sides are relegated, nobody would lose out financially. The only clubs to lose out would be those in play off positions. It could be claimed that I'm looking through 'Karen Brady eyes' as an Albion fan but it seems to me to be this system would be unfair to the least clubs. Let's face it, I just can't see the season being completed and to null and void the season would be unfair on the majority of successful clubs and as I have said, no clubs would be relegated and lose out financially. Just my opinion!

I think if 75-80 % of a league is played, the tables should stand as they are under these extraordinary circumstances (then if that could be in line with rules and regulations of the leagues, I do not know).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)