+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Puzzle this

If it’s -127 or 131 I reckon you should show your workings in the margins

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    If it’s -127 or 131 I reckon you should show your workings in the margins
    Laz said the guy showed HIM the workings and mentioned working with negative numbers. Which is why I maintain Alfie and I are also correct lol

I'm never wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm never wrong..
    This thread reminds me of that quiz - Pointless!!

I got it wrong, but had a go.

Now I want to know how it was done, how the numbers worked out so that I can learn from it. Every day’s a school day eh?
    If it’s not possible to put the correct solution (not just the answer) up here, what’s the point in putting the question up in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I got it wrong, but had a go.

Now I want to know how it was done, how the numbers worked out so that I can learn from it. Every day’s a school day eh?
    If it’s not possible to put the correct solution (not just the answer) up here, what’s the point in putting the question up in the first place?
    Like I said griff .... but as far as I am concerned me n ConT are right BUT I will forward your complaint t'ut committee

Your question is of importance to us and a member of the team will get back to you within 3 (three) working days.
    Thanks for your patience
    Last edited by gaz1959; 04-05-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Great news ... I was fortunate to catch a team member before hibernation and this is a C&P of the response to your question thus I reiterated in the form of a question to said team member

"I haven’t got the workings gaz I threw them away. I also got this one wrong, the problem was that there was a negative number x a negative number (which makes a positive) that’s what threw me. I can’t even remember what the answer was"

I hope you have found this reply useful and thanks again for you question in this troubling puzzle which is designed purely for you entertainment. The committee take no responsibility for damage to one's mental health while partaking. Participation is deemed to be the sole responsibility of the player and the committee are clear in stating that they have not a iota of care for any of us who participate.

Please feel free to ask further questions and I am sure you will get an informative response as you did to your last question.

Thanks and stay safe out there or in there.
    Last edited by gaz1959; 04-05-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Point taken Gaz, and thanks.

Perhaps you can pass my thanks on to your team member friend too.

I have here with me a book of IQ puzzles called the Turing Tests, referring to the work of the acclaimed genius Alan Turing who is known as the father of modern computing. They include a few which are super-difficult and referred to as “truly for experts”. Not a single one of the puzzles in the whole book resorts to the use of minus numbers. That’s perhaps why I never considered that a question involving the use of minus numbers would turn up. How wrong can I be?

Gaz and Griff.

Pair o wallopers.

Pandemic is on and a Puzzle has you rattled.

What else is there to do?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast