+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two billion pounds

Two billion pounds

To invest in new cycle lanes .. Cool eh Tricky.

Shameful !

Complete waste of money as the conts will still ride side by side on the road

Or ride side by side on the path.
    Dam pests!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    To invest in new cycle lanes .. Cool eh Tricky.
    At last an intelligent investment!

Diabolical, but let them get on with it. But, of course if it works and there are fewer motorists, the Government will find some new way to tax drivers to make up for the lost revenue, or raise the road tax cost or the duty on fuel. I live in a village where there's no public transport for miles so they can get stuffed.

The only people who should pay for this is cyclists. Firstly, where there is a cycle lane it should be compulsory for cyclists to use it. If this is not introduced then I reserve the right to drive in a cycle lane. Secondly, there should be a registration scheme for over 18s of, say, £100 per annum. The number should be attached to the bike and clearly visible. Lastly, over 18s should be insured to ride on the open road and in cycle lanes. These stand-alone policies will, of course be taxed.

Of course, they could just forget the whole thing.....

First think they need to do is get rid of the HST 2 wreck of a project.What a waste of money.

And why do cyclists get away with riding on the road with no lights ?
    Ffs a pair of lights are less than £20.
    Peasants !

Aye, and when did they stop having to have a bell?

HS2 is Currently just a way of getting folk more quickly from Birmingham to London, Alf, to the benefit of London. I can’t see it getting any further but I reckon promises have been made to big businesses and the first bit will get built. They’re now talking about Crossrail II to shave another 10 minutes off Londoners’ commutes, even though they have buses, trains, tubes, taxis, Ubers etc. There’s absolutely no doubt that what London wants London gets - just look at the English per capita spending figures; London is top every year.
    Last edited by griff; 10-05-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Alf pulling his caravan back in the day (1951) i think lol. Name:  download (20).jpg
Views: 231
Size:  9.7 KB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast