+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T friday

O/T friday

Not sure if it's the exact time . But our street doing a 2 metre apart curry street party. For v.e.day.
    I'm doing lamb curry as only me and our lass shared a full leg as kids wernt here.
    Rest of street mucking in .
    Can't fault them.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-05-2020 at 07:16 PM.

That’s a great effort Crash...

Ours too but doing a picnic in front gardens. We have a regular Saturday dance on your doorstep but it clashes with the quiz.

Yea we're doing a stay at home VE Day party on our street too. Bunting, trestle tables on drives, picnic food and booze.......mostly booze I expect 🙂.
    Just a bit of light relief amidst all the gloom.

According to that bastion of professionalism and source of accurate information called the BBC the celebration is to mark the end of WW2.

Yeah, what better way to celebrate VE day than a good old traditional lamb curry.

Our cul-de-sac is having a beer and gin party, where we all sit on our drives chatting and drinking.

Had one two Saturdays ago which started alright but after 5 hours of boozing the 2 metre rule was getting a bit flouted.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Yeah, what better way to celebrate VE day than a good old traditional lamb curry.
    Curry is probably just as English as any other food that we have brought into our own culture. The Indians just use the term curry to refer to a gravy sauce. The English adopted the term to describe all the different types of dishes.
    Also several curries such as tikka masala and vindaloo were invented in the UK. Strong claims from Glasgow and Birmingham. So I’d t to there’s not much more British than curry.
    Unless you count fish and chips which was a trend brought here by Jewish immigrants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast