+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Anyone not bothered insuring certain items?

O/T Anyone not bothered insuring certain items?

Following on from Crash' mention of adverts that are doing his head in, has anyone not bothered insuring their car because the insurance is due but not sure when you can go for a run in it next?

Holiday insurance - another one up for renewal but if you've deferred your hols you don't need it, another saving.

Pet insurance - anyone not bothering with theirs because you're at home more so can keep an eye on them?

Can only see a whopping rise from the Insurance companies when normality resumes, whenever that is, to make up the losses they've incurred with lack of renewals and cancelled policies etc. Either way, they'll recoup big time.

The big car insurance companies here are giving everyone a 15% refund on their premiums for Mar/Apr/May. Works out at about $45 for me so not a great amount considering we will have probably only driven 100-200 miles in that time compared to our usual 2,500 but better than nothing. We do have the option of 'by the mile' insurance where we live but never went for it and would have probably saved loads although I think they charge a 100 mile/week minimum anyway.

Thinking of not insuring? Not with some of the idiots on the roads, especially the budding F1 drivers out there now the roads are 'empty'. On a local freeway, one guy in a Corvette was clocked at 192mph at 7:45 on a Monday morning. Now I'm a bit of a Captain Slow but even when I've dared to speed on public roads and been around 100 it's a bit of a fright so God knows what doing 192 is like. Funny (or not funny actually) thing is, when they finally caught up with this guy when he pulled off the freeway, he was over the drink driving limit

I think after a change in the law car insurance is still required unless you've declared it off road via a SORN with DVLA

Even if it's parked on your drive.

We have annual travel insurance, which we renewed in March 2020, its been advertised where some insurance companies are giving refunds if you cancel your travel insurance, fair enough because no one knows when they will be able to take a holiday abroad, but beware cancelling, if the lockdown comes to a end, & the government allows foreign travel.
    The travel insurance companies are not covering for coronavirus on new policies, where policies taken out earlier are covered, so it may be better to hold onto the travel insurance policy at this time.

Household contents insurance? Who's going to nick stuff if you're always in.

My good looks and personality. Cant insure perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We have annual travel insurance, which we renewed in March 2020, its been advertised where some insurance companies are giving refunds if you cancel your travel insurance, fair enough because no one knows when they will be able to take a holiday abroad, but beware cancelling, if the lockdown comes to a end, & the government allows foreign travel.
    The travel insurance companies are not covering for coronavirus on new policies, where policies taken out earlier are covered, so it may be better to hold onto the travel insurance policy at this time.
    I've got travel insurance as part of my bank account with RBS, had a text off them telling me claims caused by corona virus for travel after 18.03.20 would not be covered by the policy, trips booked before the 18th were still covered