+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlisle Kaput.

Carlisle Kaput.

Apart from the virus, the news that your club is finished as a progressive club has been met with silence as per the previous thread.

You don't own your ground anymore.

There will be a fantasy that you will get it back. When Cambridge were run into the ground, the buyers said we could buy it back which was a lie. The owners will do whats best for them, not Carlisle United, or Cambridge.

You now have a future of penury. Do you pay rent? One of the reasons you are where you are is because you don't have five figure attendances anymore, buy you expect five figure performances and league placings. Where did all those fans go? If a shop does not get customers, it closes.

You wont close, but dipping into non league, like Cambridge will happen.

Happy days have gone. Mourning takes time, but you will celebrate a half hearted promotion push from div 4, like Cambridge.

Eventually.

The black winged Devil, or Patricia from Audley End.

It’s all smoke and mirrors, Frank. We still own the ground, but as it’s an asset it would be claimed by EWM if they called in the loan because there’s f­uck all else to pay it off.

HOWEVER. EWM is owned by a Cumbrian billionaire who has just moved the corporate headquarters to Carlisle. It would be bad PR to call in the loan and shut the Club down. Bricks through windows would ensue. Some of us hope that EWM DO call in the loan, but only so that they then own the Club, and with it the ground, and run it as a proper commercial venture, something that the current owners wouldn’t recognise if it crawled up their collective backsides.

Either way CUFC would own the ground. Sorry to piss on your chips, Frank.

Oh. I think your are as NAIVE as it gets. And by saying so, im pee ing on your chips.

I bet you 456,982 quid, and 60 pence that I am right. If im right, I will take your house and your wife, as I know you have no money. Hang on, where did that if come from?

Penelope of Stretham.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)