+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our greatest ever win

Just a small mention of our 4-3 comeback win in the fa cup this season.
    Not as good as some that have been mentioned because of the opposition but four goals in 12 mins or so is impressive by any standards

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Just a small mention of our 4-3 comeback win in the fa cup this season.
    Not as good as some that have been mentioned because of the opposition but four goals in 12 mins or so is impressive by any standards
    Agreed about the opposition, we'd be in a pretty poor state if our greatest ever win was against Solihull Moors but I'd certainly put that up there with the Derby comeback as possibly the greatest WTF just happened moment in my lifetime as a Miller, probably alongside the 9 game winning streak in Feb/Mar '82.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was a good win but against a poor team. Reminds me, whatever happened to tenpastchelsea who used to post on here?

For me I'd say 3 years earlier when we beat this Arsenal team 3-1 in the League Cup at Millmoor. They would go on to win the FA Cup that season.

Pat Jennings
    Pat Rice
    Sammy Nelson
    David O'Leary
    Willie Young
    Liam Brady
    David Price
    Graham Rix
    Malcolm MacDonald
    Frank Stapleton
    Alan Sunderland
    I'm with Cam & Miller172 on the 3-1 win over the mighty Arsenal, Dave Gwyther ran & knocked their defence ragied, if I remember right didn't Stancliffe score a bullet header at the tivoli end.
    This was the last match Malcolm MacDonald played for Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I'm with Cam & Miller172 on the 3-1 win over the mighty Arsenal, Dave Gwyther ran & knocked their defence ragied, if I remember right didn't Stancliffe score a bullet header at the tivoli end.
    This was the last match Malcolm MacDonald played for Arsenal.
    Yes. The team they won the FA Cup with the following May was as above except Brian Talbot in place of MacDonald.

see below
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Dates/information according to G.Somerton book ...

Millers 6 Wolves 0 - FA Cup Round 1, 16/11/85 (we then thrashed Burnley 4-1 at Millmoor in Round 2)
    Millers 6 Spennymoor 0 - FA Cup Round 2, 17/12/77 (Trev Phillips hat tick)
    Millers 7 Port Vale 0 - Division Three, 28/08/72 (Carl Gilbert hat trick)

It was a good win but against a poor team. Reminds me, whatever happened to tenpastchelsea who used to post on here?

For me I'd say 3 years earlier when we beat this Arsenal team 3-1 in the League Cup at Millmoor. They would go on to win the FA Cup that season.

Pat Jennings
    Pat Rice
    Sammy Nelson
    David O'Leary
    Willie Young
    Liam Brady
    David Price
    Graham Rix
    Malcolm MacDonald
    Frank Stapleton
    Alan Sunderland
    My first ever game CAM, completely hooked after what I saw

Pat Jennings
    Pat Rice
    Sammy Nelson
    David O'Leary
    Willie Young
    Liam Brady
    David Price
    Graham Rix
    Malcolm MacDonald
    Frank Stapleton
    Alan Sunderland
    Mum took me to sit in the main stand for that game. Still remember main events and that feeling very clearly.

Yes, in terms of quality of opposition, hard to argue with this being the greatest win.

We beat Chelsea 6-0 at millmoor .and we won 4-0 at Stamford bridge in the same season .. I also remember us losing 4 - 0 at s****horpe in the 1 st round of the league cup when it was played over 2 legs . And we won the 2nd leg 5-0 at millmoor Andy Haywood got a barce that night .someone also mentioned beating hartlepool 7-0 .. but I think it was Hereford and and paul ' buzzer' haycock scored 4 ..

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    We beat Chelsea 6-0 at millmoor .and we won 4-0 at Stamford bridge in the same season .. I also remember us losing 4 - 0 at s****horpe in the 1 st round of the league cup when it was played over 2 legs . And we won the 2nd leg 5-0 at millmoor Andy Haywood got a barce that night .someone also mentioned beating hartlepool 7-0 .. but I think it was Hereford and and paul ' buzzer' haycock scored 4 ..
    1994 we beat Hartlepool 7-0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast