+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some “WELL” goals?

Some “WELL” goals?

For anyone like myself missing our club playing. BBC Scotland tonight at 7.15 is showing the Motherwell versus Hibs game that ended 6-6 😀😀😀😀

Watching it now. I had forgotten the concentric circles the groundsman cut on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Watching it now. I had forgotten the concentric circles the groundsman cut on the pitch.
    I know - like a bowling green ain't it ?!

I've always maintained that context is everything in draws and when you are trailing 6-2 with 25 minutes to go yet salvage a point then in the context that's quite a good draw.

That was one crazy night. The defending from both sides was five-a-side stuff and both goalkeepers had a bit of a nightmare, which was surprising from John Ruddy but not so from our former keeper Graeme Smith(penalty save apart). I stayed the duration that night, for the sole reason that I didn't have the car and was due to meet my dad in the New Century for a few aftermatch jars, otherwise I'd have been gone at 4-1. When Forbes missed the penalty at 5-6 I decided that that was that and started heading for the exit which for me was the entire length of the East Stand and I ended up hanging about 'just in case' for a few minutes as I often do so was right in line with that ridiculously brilliant equaliser. Cue mass celebrations and hugging random strangers. I eventually did make it to the pub in time to watch all the goals back. It was hard to believe.

An incredible night, but I'd have swapped it for a boring 1-0 win any day of the week.

Aye, especially as it was a must win game for us and they (realistically) only needed a draw to reach Europe.

Ruddy was awful but from memory was rushed back nowhere near fit from illness or injury as the back-up (Fraser?) was deemed even worse having just sold the jerseys in a loss to United.

A win for us that night would have secured Europe for the next season. As it was we ended up relying on Dundee United winning the Scottish Cup to clinch it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    An incredible night, but I'd have swapped it for a boring 1-0 win any day of the week.
    And after a short break not only a pandemic to contend with but the misery of LSM !
    Nurse ... bring me a tumbler of bleach.

At least we got away with it! I remembered we needed to win at Ibrox on the last day (another fine comeback but not enough) for Europe as Hibs likely to win elsewhere.

On a serious note, that night was actually the first time I thought I may have an underlying heart condition! So, to big Lukas ... thanks mate. It ended up playing a part in me having a stent operation around 8 months later and I'm still here.
    Pity I can't say the same about me regularly pappin my pants at many performances thereafter - I don't have a bowel issue, we're just 5hit sometimes !!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)