+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackmail

Blackmail

I know every team has its own interests at heart, most make sure they get the health and safety line in first, but the bottom six are certainly getting their say in, basically stating they'll play out the season on neutral grounds if relegation is omitted, blackmail or what? Plus in my local paper (eastern daily press) a columnist has wrote he's "happy for the season to be null and void, obviously for safety issues, and if Norwich have to start next season with minus 6 points so be it"...yeah I'm sure you're happy for the rock bottom side all season to keep in the promised land. Robbie fowler's piece in the Sunday mirror echoed my previous post on here....why the urgency to finish this season, when no one knows if next season can even be started, finish this one in October, November whenever. Plus if this season is declared null and void, how can the FA put forward teams to play in next season's champions League when this season didn't exist, that contradicts itself.

I understand what you are saying and have been thinking along similar lines. However when I took a step back and thought more about playing matches at a neutral venue, I become more and more opposed to the idea.

Home matches are such a big advantage for any team. If you are in a relegation battle you would be looking st home matches as the most likely way of picking up ***** points and beat relegation

So to lose that potential boost near the end of the season, when your business could end up losing millions and going into meltdown for numerous years is something I can sympathise with.

The only fair solution is to finish the league when it is safe to do so in my opinion. I genuinely cant see how any other answer would work fairly.

At last,a Leeds fan that speaks some sense.. Top post Leeds FTW.

Finish the season when safe to do so,instead of all these stupid ideas that keep cropping up..,

Said it all along..finish the season when its safe to do so..only way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    the most likely way of picking up ***** points and beat relegation
    Almost sure this should have read picking up some points, not sure what the filter picked up. Maybe a typo of something, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Almost sure this should have read picking up some points, not sure what the filter picked up. Maybe a typo of something, but still...
    Pfobably the word V I T A L ,footymad banned the word ..

Don't personally see that there is a need for all these various permutations of how to finish this season - as I think we must.
    Call it over now and the season has finished [Over threequarters of the games played in all leagues] - so final positions count - or final positions based on points per games played?
    All promotions, relegations, Euro places etc accordingly, top three up, bottom three down.

This allows a fair representation of the form over three quarters of the season, and allows full preperation for next season if and when it is safe to go ahead. Whats the problem with that? [Obviously a more appealing suggestion than a null/void season for all the top clubs and a less appealing one to the bottom clubs] - but I don't see how it can be called unfair?

This would put the issue to bed NOW and allow plenty of time and preperation for the new season, and also sort the problem of loan player contracts expiring at the end of June.

Sensible?
    Last edited by Tichi1; 05-05-2020 at 04:35 PM.

No,a load of *******s Tichi.. You would have the Lawyers making millions .. What's to say that teams would finish there.. You are just looking through your Dirty Leeds tinted Phookin glasses ya cnut. Lol

Unfair imo because some of the relegation threatened teams have only played the strongest teams once this season, whereas other teams have played them twice.

So there is still a lot of potential for some of the relegation places to swap based on who they have left to play and where the games are played.

Imagine if Leeds were 7th in the league with 9 games left, say 4 easy away fixtures and 5 homes games, against mid table opposition. I would almost bet my mortgage on there not being a single Leeds Fan calling for a premature end to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Don't personally see that there is a need for all these various permutations of how to finish this season - as I think we must.
    Call it over now and the season has finished [Over threequarters of the games played in all leagues] - so final positions count - or final positions based on points per games played?
    All promotions, relegations, Euro places etc accordingly, top three up, bottom three down.

This allows a fair representation of the form over three quarters of the season, and allows full preperation for next season if and when it is safe to go ahead. Whats the problem with that? [Obviously a more appealing suggestion than a null/void season for all the top clubs and a less appealing one to the bottom clubs] - but I don't see how it can be called unfair?

This would put the issue to bed NOW and allow plenty of time and preperation for the new season, and also sort the problem of loan player contracts expiring at the end of June.

Sensible?
    Small amendment to what I have always thought is the fairest (genuinely) solution.......

Whether behind closed doors or at a later date with supporters, but the playoff games SHOULD be played, using current positions in the top 6 to determine the order of play. To do otherwise would invite more challenge than there is likely to be anyway. at least those in play-off positions have the chance of gaining promotion, and the number of games required could be accommodated at Wembley over 3 weekends (1st week - Saturday and Sunday, morning first play off Championship, afternoon second Championship, Sunday same for League 1, 2nd week - Saturday morning League 2 first play-off, afternoon 2nd play off, Sunday morning - Championship final, afternoon League 1 final,
    3rd week, Saturday or Sunday League 2 final) Gives teams time to recover, and gets all done and dusted over 3 weekends (so it could wait to be done until August if the new seasons start is delayed)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)