+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oor Jum

Purchased this morning, cant wait to read.

I've just been reading all the press cuttings in The Final Countdown book about our run the the UEFA Cup Final in 87 and it's quite revealing to look back on some of his interviews. A guy who lived football 24/7 and left no stone unturned in his efforts to get the best for Dundee United.
    As an aside, in the book there's an interview with George Fox which reveals that Fox talked McLean OUT of accepting an offer of £600,000 for one of our players. (Could be one of three possibilities).

I never met Jim McLean but I heard him once. I was at Tannadice to meet Ann Diamond and as we were talking we could hear him in a nearby room ripping one of the youth players a new one. Never found out who it was, but Ann just raised her eyebrows as if to say Aye, that's Jim!

Jim taking a training session.
    A penny dainty to anyone who can identify where this was taken and the year.
    Name:  Toffee dainty.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  99.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Jim taking a training session.
    A penny dainty to anyone who can identify where this was taken and the year.
    Name:  Toffee dainty.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  99.2 KB
    Can't expand the pic on my phone but my guess is Old Trafford

Before the game in 84

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Can't expand the pic on my phone but my guess is Old Trafford
    Yeah, got to be Old Trafford.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, got to be Old Trafford.
    Looks like the end where the United fans were housed opposite the Stetford end. There was a few in the front rows of the seated area too.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Looks like the end where the United fans were housed opposite the Stetford end. There was a few in the front rows of the seated area too.
    confused by the white line as that looks like half way def old trafford though - old main stand maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    confused by the white line as that looks like half way def old trafford though - old main stand maybe?
    It threw me at first but I'm guessing it might be the 18 yard box. This might be all boll**x of course 😅

the far side touchline was similar to behind goals so its that i reckon. Def half way line there and i know my half way lines . sorry i dont know my stand names of little clubs

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)