+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oor Jum

Oor Jum

Listening to the Dode Fox Podcast earlier and Steve Finan (who wrote the Arabs Away book a wee while back) was on talking about his upcoming book about Wee Jum and his life. Even in his brief interview, Steve told a couple of ditties about Jum that highlighted the sacrifices that man made for OUR Club. A lot of stuff I’d been previously unaware of, such as after we lost the 91 Cup Final, he was away the very next day at two in the morning to fly to Europe to watch the youth team in a tournament. He literally sacrificed any semblance of a family life for all our collective benefits in order to constantly improve our team. We may never see his like again. Legend doesn’t even begin to describe him - what a colossus he was and still is. Thank you Jim.

I greatly appreciate the endorsement, JMc, thanks very much.
    And great fun blethering to the Dode Fox podcast lads, Ronny and Paul. Braw lads, and providing an Arab rallying point in these times when we can't physically get to games.
    Thanks lastly to the Arabs who emailed or wrote in with memories of Jim, many of them very surprising.
    Jim more than any other single person made us what we are . . . and we are some club, we are The World Famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    I greatly appreciate the endorsement, JMc, thanks very much.
    And great fun blethering to the Dode Fox podcast lads, Ronny and Paul. Braw lads, and providing an Arab rallying point in these times when we can't physically get to games.
    Thanks lastly to the Arabs who emailed or wrote in with memories of Jim, many of them very surprising.
    Jim more than any other single person made us what we are . . . and we are some club, we are The World Famous.
    Didn’t expect the author himself coming on! Lol! Book sounds great Steve, will defo. be looking to purchase. When on sale and which outlets?

Aye, well, that's the problematic bit!
    I keep getting emails saying "where can I buy, mate?" but no shops are open.
    This link (below) is the quickest way. The delivery chain isn't quite as slick as in normal times, but as soon as the book is available copies will be sent direct from the warehouse to any pre-orders. It SHOULD start getting delivered next Monday (the 11th). But nobody shoot me if they are a couple of days late!
    https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/book...-united-legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Aye, well, that's the problematic bit!
    I keep getting emails saying "where can I buy, mate?" but no shops are open.
    This link (below) is the quickest way. The delivery chain isn't quite as slick as in normal times, but as soon as the book is available copies will be sent direct from the warehouse to any pre-orders. It SHOULD start getting delivered next Monday (the 11th). But nobody shoot me if they are a couple of days late!
    https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/book...-united-legend
    Thanks for that Steve. Order placed - can’t wait to read it!

Steve - first thing ive done this morning is to try and get this. Cant wait. SRYB

Oh easy ordering on there and the use of paypal by DCT has shocked me to my core

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Oh easy ordering on there and the use of paypal by DCT has shocked me to my core
    Really? It was still postal orders up to last week S71.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Oi! I resemble that remark!

Thanks for the purchase S71.

Name:  McLean cover lores.JPG
Views: 1878
Size:  38.8 KB

Purchased this morning!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)