+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Voltaire. Opinions required.

Voltaire. Opinions required.

Voltaire once said that it was no more remarkable to be born twice as it is once.

One could of course, multiply that number. What is your understanding of this comment?

Voltaire believed in Deism, any reflections on that would be gratefully received.

In the vast swathe of creation, the universe, god, the devil, philosophy, gods beyond gods,.....WHERE DOES FOOTBALL COME, in this tapestry?

Better sit this one out Chalky.

Henry of Warboys.

Maybe anyone who plays I spy had better sit this one out. Or,,,,, where does I spy come in totality?

Is that white light people claim dying people see them being reincarnated and the lights of the hospital/wherever they are delivered as they drop out off of the cu­nt?

Theodore

Ive dropped out of a few. Yes, white lights are apparent at death and birth. I remember being born Kollya in Moldova in 1278, some t wat was holding a fire brand tilted towards Helga my mother back then.

The bed caught fire. She was back in the fields within the hour, I was strapped to her back. Helga and Stan were at it again that night. I remember being in the spirit world. I can only recount is as being like a gas, floating in a plasma of eternal joy.

I expect your experiences are the same. My life as Kollya was marked by having to eat boiled buckwheat, and tilling the fields. My only release was picking my nose, one day of sunshine per year, and Marko, our horse. I needed a stool to stand on.

My fathers name was Theodore. Scary.

Further to the mystery of life, our universe is made up of 13% of stuff that we can see, planets, galaxies etc. The rest is unknown and acts like a glue holding everything together.

Without it, everything flies apart.

The manufacturer of this stuff you cant see, touch or smell is Mr Gary Taylor of Witchford business park, factory no 5. He also made physical stuff that sits in the glue.

He also made you. His design for everything is on his office desk, on the back of a f ag packet.

If hes out when you call, just look up.

Jamie, lecturer in viscosity of Portsmouth University.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)