+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT So, farewell then Nightingale Hospital

OT So, farewell then Nightingale Hospital

The 4000 bed temporary facility opened last month in London is to be mothballed after having the princely number of 54 patients, 20 at present. It could be put back into service if necessary, but lets hope thats not needed.

So rA, as one of the few things you praise the government for having done, how do you feel now?

What can we use it for now then? The homeless? A quarantine camp for returning Brits from abroad?

As I've said previously, send all new cases to the Nightingale hospitals, which would make all local hospitals covid free within about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The 4000 bed temporary facility opened last month in London is to be mothballed after having the princely number of 54 patients, 20 at present. It could be put back into service if necessary, but lets hope thats not needed.

So rA, as one of the few things you praise the government for having done, how do you feel now?

What can we use it for now then? The homeless? A quarantine camp for returning Brits from abroad?
    Tbf, GP, I made exactly this point yesterday. I praised the ‘building’/creation of the ‘Field’ hospitals but questioned, using the same sentiment as you, the way they’d been used.

There suddenly seem to be a few ‘pigeons coming home to roost’. It seems the medics are breaking ranks with their political masters...certainly where testing is concerned, and the site of a crowded plane arriving from Ireland this morning was beyond belief.

I’d also query the testing figures. Inexplicably managed to jump to 120,000 on the last day of April, thus surpassing the target...nowhere near since. Thoughts?

Ive not seen anything about "crowded plane" , please enlighten

As for test figures, maybe some got lost in the post? But given your issues with maths seen earlier today, it looks like a matter of glasshouses and stones

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ive not seen anything about "crowded plane" , please enlighten

As for test figures, maybe some got lost in the post? But given your issues with maths seen earlier today, it looks like a matter of glasshouses and stones
    It's just been on the BBC lunchtime news, packed flights on Aer Lingus from Dublin.

The Internet have got got photos of other flights from other countries, also.

Just seen the interview with CoE of Aer Lingus he says it's a waste of time trying to do self isolation in a plane , because they recycle the cabin air anyway

It's not that often I stand up for the Tories but........

....... this is a double edged sword of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

They created 4 or 5 of these Nightingale hospitals, IIRC. They cost a lot of money. Now they have proven to be unnecessary, many are shouting "bloody waste of us tax money". That is nothing to the uproar there would have been had they decided NOT to take these precautionary measures and those beds hed been sorely needed.

Better to be safe than sorry is the mantra here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It's not that often I stand up for the Tories but........

....... this is a double edged sword of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

They created 4 or 5 of these Nightingale hospitals, IIRC. They cost a lot of money. Now they have proven to be unnecessary, many are shouting "bloody waste of us tax money". That is nothing to the uproar there would have been had they decided NOT to take these precautionary measures and those beds hed been sorely needed.

Better to be safe than sorry is the mantra here IMO.
    I think that’s a very fair point, MA.
    They may still be crucial...although I hope not.
    Unfair to suggest ‘bloody waste of tax payers money’ in this instance but something’s brewing about mistakes elsewhere.

Perhaps, the fruit pickers can spend 2 weeks there on arrival. They are essential workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)