+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erm...I think I have something in my eye...

Erm...I think I have something in my eye...

Gavin Peacock

You have to watch this. Whatever happens to our club, don't forget what it really means-not just to us, but to so many other people too. We'll be all right, man, because that won't change.

https://twitter.com/GPeacock8/status...YnErbYQDCNQt8k

An absolute Top bloke. He lived in a house just up from the fighting cocks in Durham. I used to park my car nearby when I worked in the city and everytime I saw him he always stopped and talked. Cant speak highly enough of him and a decent footballer to boot.

Great player for us and always seemed like a very nice person too.

I remember some fat bastard jumpimg on him from the crowd to celebrate a goal and poor Gav took the whole of this fat fucker's weight and I was convinced he'd be out for weeks with a back injury!

Wish we could of kept him but left for obvious reasons. A southern lad who seemed settled up here. A great partnership with one of our best ever centre forwards.

Yes he was a genuine man and genuinely sorry to have to leave us.

What a brilliant video and story. Southern lad but with Geordie blood in his veins.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    What a brilliant video and story. Southern lad but with Geordie blood in his veins.
    It's nice to remember both him and Shearer with a full head of wavy hair though.

Great video.

And agreed Pat I can always remember his full head of hair

Always loved St.Gavin. Love him even more now. I remember watching him and thinking he was the closest player I have seen to Pedro in regards to skill levels. Just thought he lacked a touch more aggression in his play. Pure class though as player and bloke
    Never liked his beard though
    Last edited by malamoto; 05-05-2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: hair do

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)