+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T birds

...more people at home with nowt to do now. The wild life is probably there all the time, but don't see because of work.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...more people at home with nowt to do now. The wild life is probably there all the time, but don't see because of work.
    Yes, that’s a factor too.

Another thing I’ve noticed is a lot more horse dung on the pavements around here.

One common bird that was.
    I haven't seen for ages is misle thrush

Mistle

enjoying this thread

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, that’s a factor too.

Another thing I’ve noticed is a lot more horse dung on the pavements around here.
    Is it a coincidence that the mistle thrush mentioned by Crash immediately after this post has the Latin name is Turdus viscivorus? Multi alert

The Galah or idiot bird .known for it's gaudy feathers has been making a mass appearance in oz

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    The Galah or idiot bird .known for it's gaudy feathers has been making a mass appearance in oz
    Just over 10 years ago I was having a coffee and muffin in the botanical gardens in Brisbane when a flock of those little barstewards swooped down and nicked the muffin.

A sort of Freddie Starr ate my hamster moment

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Just over 10 years ago I was having a coffee and muffin in the botanical gardens in Brisbane when a flock of those little barstewards swooped down and nicked the muffin.

A sort of Freddie Starr ate my hamster moment
    So they're like more colourful seagulls then.

I know it's a bird thread but seen a few deer around where I live. Don't usually see them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast