+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abandon/promote

Abandon/promote

A very biased view but I would be extremely happy if the EFL decide to abandon the league and promote teams in the relevant positions, but, not relegate teams. Then reset next season to get the numbers backs to the right levels. What are the chances, I assume not that great?

whatever suits the Prem will be the solution

Cant see that to be honest Grist. Premier League not bothered about below them. Just money money money.

They can't make a decision to suit everyone and with talk of some clubs taking legal action it's looking like they're being backed into a corner.

End the season now, promotions and no relegation .

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Cant see that to be honest Grist. Premier League not bothered about below them. Just money money money.
    But Championship can't promote if Premiership won't accept teams and needs to know if Premiership is relegating teams and the the rest of the cards fall in place based on those decisions. So in essence what suits them will drive the rest.

The thing as I see it is that they are going to get the clubs in our league and league 2 to vote on whether to abandon the season with only a small amount of teams believed to be wanting to continue. As they need 75% it is likely to pass

It doesn’t say however, whether the turkeys will be able to vote for Christmas, i.e who goes up or down. I hope not because it will be based on agenda. I hope Mr.Parry and his EFL colleagues should make this decision as anything that gives the clubs the chance to determine what happens in the case of promotion and relegation would be divisive.

The opinion of a respected sports journalist my son knows is that the Prem league will finish the season however and whenever with NO relegation and NO promotion. They want the EFL to declare their seasons nul and void with the sweetener of huge financial assistance diverted from their share of TV money. Greed will rule.

The only way they could do it by promoting and no relegation is

Championship 2 go up
    league 1 3 go up
    League 2 4 go up

Prem would gain 2 extra and champ would get 1 extra, reason I say this is because I can’t see prem playing 6 extra games.

Personally I am a bit annoyed would bottom prem clubs none are concerned about the virus the only reason they want it cancelled is to avoid relegation and loss of money I hope all 6 go down f em

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    The opinion of a respected sports journalist my son knows is that the Prem league will finish the season however and whenever with NO relegation and NO promotion. They want the EFL to declare their seasons nul and void with the sweetener of huge financial assistance diverted from their share of TV money. Greed will rule.
    Maybe that would be a good solution. Decent Financial assistance would allow many clubs to carry on their existence
    If in another scenario RUFC got promoted but ten clubs ceased to exist that would not be good for football

Maybe the suggestion you mention is the best one for the future.
    That will just leave the legal challenge from Leeds.
    It may also mean we wouldn't get all our add ons from wba for Semi but it could mean we just have to wait another year

"That will just leave the legal challenge from Leeds."

Why just Leeds? Don't you think West Brom and Fulham might have something to say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast