+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The New Normal

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    so taken up gardening as I didn't think it could offer so much pleasure but it does...........
    If you are new to gardening BB...get some wild flower seeds (good quality) and leave a patch of your garden alone and wild. A little wooden fence as a barrier. Mix the wildflower seed with some grit and sand and spread ona piece of ground just turned over. It may strike in time for end of summer....
    Enjoy you gardening leave....

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I take more heed of your posts than I do of Matt Hancock Dubs.

All highly illuminating stuff as usual.

I read yesterday that this virus has already mutated into something different in the USA and Europe to what it was in Wuhan and that it continues to evolve.

My own thoughts now are that we will be left to confront this head on with no vaccine being discovered and that natural selection takes place.

If you’re 60+ and you have c r a p health then open your Xmas presents now.

It might seem harsh but nature always intended the strong survived and it’s only our species that has gained the intelligence to circumvent this.

It’s a bit like the “Final Destination” films.......we’ve artificially bucked what nature intended and now it’s reclaiming souls.

Sad as it maybe we may need to lose 600,000 to a million plus people to see a return to normal in the U.K.

New Zealand need to stop patting themselves on the back by the way.........if we’d been the final stop on the planet we might have got away with it.

Germany and Sweden need to stop gloating as well........I have a feeling they’ll get theirs this coming winter.

Stay well Dubs and thanks for the insight.
    I don’t think anyone is gloating about these serious matters.

Germany and Sweden have very different approaches - the one of Germany probably more similar to GB than the one of Sweden.

In the long run I don’t think the different approaches will make that much difference when talking about Corona casualties. How socities will work or not, financial collapse, unemployement etc, they will make a difference though.

They have now discovered that someone in France had it already in November - and they now suspect that it was the same thing here in Sweden, as early as October/November. That could explain why deaths are higher in some countries, maybe the same applies for GB? I mean how could any country react and take measures before anyone knew anything about Corona? Good and bad luck and randomness, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I don’t think anyone is gloating about these serious matters.

Germany and Sweden have very different approaches - the one of Germany probably more similar to GB than the one of Sweden.

In the long run I don’t think the different approaches will make that much difference when talking about Corona casualties. How socities will work or not, financial collapse, unemployement etc, they will make a difference though.

They have now discovered that someone in France had it already in November - and they now suspect that it was the same thing here in Sweden, as early as October/November. That could explain why deaths are higher in some countries, maybe the same applies for GB? I mean how could any country react and take measures before anyone knew anything about Corona? Good and bad luck and randomness, I say.
    I think it depends how good your scientists are and if your government hides behind them when making decisions, ours seem to be at least 2 weeks behind most of Europe, i don't think we will ever know the true death toll from this virus but i'm sure it's far higher than is already being reported by every country and no one will really know when this virus was released unless China come clean and there isn't much chance of that.

I think 600,000+ people will die in the U.K. from Covid or around 1% of the total population.

It’s only a matter of when and at what rate over the next two years.

Old people have a habit of dying and that’s not going to stop.......a dose of Covid in a care home is always going to see off a large % of the clientele.

Four years in a home with dementia like my father in law wearing a nappy at 90 and not knowing if you’re Arthur or Martha or Covid seeing me off in a couple of days?

I’d take the latter personally.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think 600,000+ people will die in the U.K. from Covid or around 1% of the total population.

It’s only a matter of when and at what rate over the next two years.

Old people have a habit of dying and that’s not going to stop.......a dose of Covid in a care home is always going to see off a large % of the clientele.

Four years in a home with dementia like my father in law wearing a nappy at 90 and not knowing if you’re Arthur or Martha or Covid seeing me off in a couple of days?

I’d take the latter personally.
    Even those that still have a sound mind and body over the age of 70 have effectively become prisoners in their own home not able to see family or friends, we desperately need a vaccine to help them make the most of the time they have left.

I am getting bloody fed up of walking around the village every day with the dogs. Poor creatures, they have to put up with my guitar playing; at least no members of the wider public will have to hear it any time soon.......!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)