+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Holland announces road map.....

Holland announces road map.....

... to lift the CV-19 measures. The 1.5m rule still applies.

All, of course, dependent on the hospitals being able to handle the situation and the numbers don't start going up and the R number remains below 1.

From May 11th - They had already announced creches, schools and playschools opening. They have now added all contact occupations like the barber, nail studios, physios etc with the exception of workers in the *** industry.

From June 1st - Cafe terraces may open (I think the cafe/bar itself may also open, but not positive as it hasn't specifically been said). Restaurants may reopen but there will be a maximum of 30 customers (social distancing willing) at any one time and they all have to have reserved tables. This also applies to cinemas and theatres. They have said that the 30 is including staff.... everybody expects that to become customers, not people. Outdoor sport is allowed but no contact sports, no competitive games and social distancing still applies.

From July 1st - Holiday parks and campsites will reopen and the permitted size of groups will go from 30 to 100.

From September 1st - Saunas, *** clubs, sports clubs and Gyms can repoen. Indoor sports and contact sports will be allowed. Professional Football may restart.

Seems like good government to me, MA.
    Establish a clear plan/road map and share it, including the possible road blocks and short cuts, with the people and have everyone ‘onside’.
    Hopefully our ‘leaders’ will follow such examples and not get politically distracted by the need to give out ‘good’, though not necessarily accurate, news to capitalise on the BankHoliday/VE Day ‘celebrations’.
    Johnson loves to be at the centre of perceived good and popular news and his Churchill ‘fantasy’ might well see him wanting to deliver such a speech tomorrow.
    He needs to put science above populism.

Only you.... Only you. Only you could turn a thread about Dutch red light districts reopening into an assault on Johnson's Churchillian fantasies in one move

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Only you.... Only you. Only you could turn a thread about Dutch red light districts reopening into an assault on Johnson's Churchillian fantasies in one move
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seems like good government to me, MA.
    Establish a clear plan/road map and share it, including the possible road blocks and short cuts, with the people and have everyone ‘onside’.
    Hopefully our ‘leaders’ will follow such examples and not get politically distracted by the need to give out ‘good’, though not necessarily accurate, news to capitalise on the BankHoliday/VE Day ‘celebrations’.
    Johnson loves to be at the centre of perceived good and popular news and his Churchill ‘fantasy’ might well see him wanting to deliver such a speech tomorrow.
    He needs to put science above populism.
    Not going to happen with BoJo though, is it? He has been shown the light but he's likely to have been looking the other way.............

extra info just received...... 1.5m distancing stays until there is a vaccine and that will take at least a year.........

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    extra info just received...... 1.5m distancing stays until there is a vaccine and that will take at least a year.........
    Not good for football or sports events then? Cinemas/theatres/restaurants?
    omg

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Not good for football or sports events then? Cinemas/theatres/restaurants?
    omg
    C/T/R - Open from June 1st. You have to pre book. Max of 30 people simultaneously keeping to the 1.5m rules. That max currently includes staff but I think that will change to customers, provided the establishment can house 30 customers within social distancing. If one can't, the max will be lower.

I also think social distancing rules will have to be relaxed or, 12 months down the road, there will be no football clubs left, no cinemas, no theatres, no concert venues, no restaurants, hotels, pubs left open and only a very small % will be in a position to reopen. Amsterdam has its first vicrtim. Molly Malones (an Irish pub, possibly the best one in the Dam) has been hit simultaneously by CV-19 measures and subsidence which means that the foundations need severe restoration and that meant the pub would be shut for 18 months. No income, still having to pay the rent and the wages of any staff they hadn't laid off. Financially, a train wreck....... they hope to find a new place to reopen but that probably won't be any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    C/T/R - Open from June 1st. You have to pre book. Max of 30 people simultaneously keeping to the 1.5m rules. That max currently includes staff but I think that will change to customers, provided the establishment can house 30 customers within social distancing. If one can't, the max will be lower.

I also think social distancing rules will have to be relaxed or, 12 months down the road, there will be no football clubs left, no cinemas, no theatres, no concert venues, no restaurants, hotels, pubs left open and only a very small % will be in a position to reopen. Amsterdam has its first vicrtim. Molly Malones (an Irish pub, possibly the best one in the Dam) has been hit simultaneously by CV-19 measures and subsidence which means that the foundations need severe restoration and that meant the pub would be shut for 18 months. No income, still having to pay the rent and the wages of any staff they hadn't laid off. Financially, a train wreck....... they hope to find a new place to reopen but that probably won't be any time soon.
    There is a type of light, possibly what Trump was thinking of but didn’t understand, that is currently used in hospitals which might be adaptable for theatres, cinemas and restaurants.
    I saw it being used on the outskirts of New York about eigh**** months ago but I don’t think it’s particularly new technology and therefore probably not expensive.
    Two types, ‘Germicidal UV light’ which is very effective but can be dangerous if not used scrupulously, and ‘Far UVC light’ which quickly kills microbes but is much safer.
    Looks like a sort of white light disco when it’s operating. Bad news for epilepsy sufferers but it’s quick and efficient and I imagine could be adapted for use at the end of each day in an effort to help keep those public places mentioned, plus classrooms etc functioning. Just a thought...but ‘no Donald’...you don’t point it at - or into - the body!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There is a type of light, possibly what Trump was thinking of but didn’t understand, that is currently used in hospitals which might be adaptable for theatres, cinemas and restaurants.
    I saw it being used on the outskirts of New York about eigh**** months ago but I don’t think it’s particularly new technology and therefore probably not expensive.
    Two types, ‘Germicidal UV light’ which is very effective but can be dangerous if not used scrupulously, and ‘Far UVC light’ which quickly kills microbes but is much safer.
    Looks like a sort of white light disco when it’s operating. Bad news for epilepsy sufferers but it’s quick and efficient and I imagine could be adapted for use at the end of each day in an effort to help keep those public places mentioned, plus classrooms etc functioning. Just a thought...but ‘no Donald’...you don’t point it at - or into - the body!
    One of the few times he appears to have used logic and it goes south. His thinking looks like it might be that as he talks out of it so often, there's no harm in shining a light up it when he's not talking........

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)