+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- V E Day

O/T:- V E Day

Who is celebrating (What will you be doing) and why ?
    Who isn't celebrating and why?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-05-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    We will be celebrating Victory in Europe Day. We are putting Union Jack bunting up and having a social distancing party around here. This is why
    Last edited by navypie; 07-05-2020 at 07:49 PM.

US cemetery in Normandie, sticks in my mind a small village cemetery in Vauville with just one war grave in it, he was from the ox and bucks light infantry who were part of the airborne attack on D Day

I will be celebrating, just put up a Union Jack in a window to thank the millions who died for our freedom, they would be gutted if they see some of the scum we have now with zero respect.

The Close is having a tea (G&T) and cake party, everyone on their own front gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I will be celebrating, just put up a Union Jack in a window to thank the millions who died for our freedom, they would be gutted if they see some of the scum we have now with zero respect.
    It's a question I've pondered if the 40 plus million Russian and Chinese died for our freedom, not really is the answer in my opinion. commonwealth and US military deaths was below a million.
    They'll no doubt be the nationalistic chavs with there drunken bombers over Berlin song having a high time.
    What freedom did the black US service men enjoy after the war, returning to the land of freedom, separate seats on buses, toilets drinking fountains, leave by the back door of shops, all this went on well into the sixties.

I asked my dad the other who was six**** at the time and his four brothers were all over seas in the army, " What did you do on VE day " I haven't got a clue was his answer, we've not planned anything for tonight but we usually have a drink Friday's, so I'll give the same answer as my dad to my question.

i'm putting some Union Jack bunting up and a few of us will be sitting out in our front gardens with drinks and nibbles.

It's a question I've pondered if the 40 plus million Russian and Chinese died for our freedom, not really is the answer in my opinion. commonwealth and US military deaths was below a million.
    They'll no doubt be the nationalistic chavs with there drunken bombers over Berlin song having a high time.
    What freedom did the black US service men enjoy after the war, returning to the land of freedom, separate seats on buses, toilets drinking fountains, leave by the back door of shops, all this went on well into the sixties.

I asked my dad the other who was six**** at the time and his four brothers were all over seas in the army, " What did you do on VE day " I haven't got a clue was his answer, we've not planned anything for tonight but we usually have a drink Friday's, so I'll give the same answer as my dad to my question.
    So you started this thread in order to have a rant. Enjoy your drink tonight.

I shall definitely be raising a glass to celebrate the defeat of fascism and another one in hope of defeating today’s fascists.

However, anyone who wants to can stick the flag waving and the speeches and the organised sing-a-longs right up their arse.

I asked my Dad yesterday, who is 93, what he did on VE Day 75 year's ago. He said that his regiment, the Royal Scottish Fusiliers, led by a bagpiper, liberated a concentration camp in north east Germany. He said it was the worst day of his life. He won't be celebrating today, he will be thinking of his fallen comrades and the misery of war. I have so much respect for that generation. They did so much and get so little in return.
    I will be having a cup of tea and a cake, socially distanced of course.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast