+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Efl

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I must admit I'm not missing football.
    I think football is kidding itself if they think everyone will rush back.
    I think this break has shown football up for what it is - money.
    If this wasn't all about money they'd wait until it's safe to go back and finish the season properly.
    If they resolve this badly, and make unfair decisions to get what they want, people will see through it and be outraged.

I think this last two months will have altered the opinion of many people. The reaction when football returns and what the EFL decide will tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I must admit I'm not missing football.
    I think football is kidding itself if they think everyone will rush back.
    I think this break has shown football up for what it is - money.
    If this wasn't all about money they'd wait until it's safe to go back and finish the season properly.
    If they resolve this badly, and make unfair decisions to get what they want, people will see through it and be outraged.
    Good post that Hodger , i totally agree ,
    " money is the route of all evil "

Well I remember when football in this country was in a terrible state in the 80's .

Bradford City Fire , Heysel and Hillsborough , stadiums were dropping to bits .

It was folk like us who kept it going .

Then the PL arrived , big money and the money men wanted to put their snout in the trough .

Folk like us , lifetime supporters thick and thin were then asked to pay ridiculous prices whilst new owners ripped the heart n soul out of clubs .

It remains to be seen whether these new generation fans and owners will support the game like we did in the 80's when the bubble does burst because this pandemic will have a massive impact , absolutely no doubt about it .

Every bubble bursts .

To tell the truth I couldn't care less what happens .

You reap what you sow .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 09-05-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Well said Animal , deep darn I think av already made me mind up abart renewing , it's just not something I enjoy ennymooar , it's not the same as it was , Summats not reyt ,

agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well I remember when football in this country was in a terrible state in the 80's .

Bradford City Fire , Heysel and Hillsborough , stadiums were dropping to bits .

It was folk like us who kept it going .

Then the PL arrived , big money and the money men wanted to put their snout in the trough .

Folk like us , lifetime supporters thick and thin were then asked to pay ridiculous prices whilst new owners ripped the heart n soul out of clubs .

It remains to be seen whether these new generation fans and owners will support the game like we did in the 80's when the bubble does burst because this pandemic will have a massive impact , absolutely no doubt about it .

Every bubble bursts .

To tell the truth I couldn't care less what happens .

You reap what you sow .

I agree that in time the bubble will burst and I hope it goes with a bang.

The past had big problems off the pitch and things really needed to change, that's undeniable but the passion was always there through thick and thin as you say. My experiences as a youth following the Reds wasn't just about the football, it made me feel part of something, somewhere you felt you belonged whilst on the pitch the game had some integrity and bite.

I think moving with the times has been a difficult thing for me and a reason why the fire and burning passion inside me has turned from roaring flames into dying embers. I'm unable to identify or relate to the game nowadays both on and off the pitch. It's lost it's appeal and the direction the game has taken makes me sick to the stomach.

As for international football, I've really enjoyed watching certain aspects of it over the last few years but unfortunately the greed has crept in and has spoiled this to a certain extent. Extending the Euros from 16 to 24 teams (purely for financial gain) has ruined the tournament as a spectacle. The corrupt decision to host the world cup in Qatar is certainly not for the good of the game but purely for financial reasons, neither is it practical and it's pushing the boundaries a bridge too far for me.

Well stated Pass you've put everything in a nutshell footballs gone to the corrupt money machine and the ruling bodies have let this happen who are as much to blame fkem

If Europe is expected to reshuffle all their fixtures just to accommodate a World Cup in Qatar, why is extending this season a problem?
    Play all the games when fit to resume.

I couldn't agree more with your statements and if this board is reflective of supporters then there will be thousands thinking the same?
    Since the Premier League was started all football organisations have seen is pound signs and nothing else, add to this the mega rich who have bought clubs to just make money or use them as a way of not paying the taxes they should in their home countries was always going to end badly at some point!
    What they didn't see coming was COVID 19 and the fans having time to sit back and realise just how much money they were spending on tickets, travel, merchandise, food and SKY/BT subscriptions and comparing this to Premier league footballers moaning about how much of a wage cut they would take to allow the tea lady to keep her job!!!
    On top of this seeing the likes of Spurs laying all the non-essential staff off immediately without giving it a second thought whilst paying the players millions a week.....stinks the whole lot of it and greedy is too nice a word, scumbags is more fitting! However it has shown the supporters how they feel about the "Normal" people?
    I was dismayed with our club and it's owners before COVID 19 and I doubt I will ever watch a live game again unless it's non-league? I might even start watching Rugby?

Good post perky
    They play at Butlin Rd. btw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast