+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irritating sayings

The one that has crept in recently is AMAZING. Everything is fecking amazing! Even newsreaders use it.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I used to work with a woman who constantly used the phrase ‘let’s touch base’ rather than let’s keep in touch. Pointless expression
    Was she ever kind enough to get her ducks in a row for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    The incessant use of ‘obviously’ by sportsmen and women during interviews....
    That and the word 'basically' in some mock ghetto accent whilst trying to appear cool but actually looking and sounding quite thick.

When did something alright, become awesome, or epic’ or a classic?

2 for me I cannot abide is the use of the word "segway" - Ricky Gervais would have a field day with that one.

"Pulse out" being the other - "send out" is perfectly fine - a lot of this stuff came from management consulting firms who have creamed fortunes out of big corporates and this is how it moves into everyday speech.

Cracking thread by the way!

“OMG” 😖

“The football family” 😤😤

“Barclays Premiership” ( that c hunt Pulis still calls it that!🤡

My dad always hated the middle and upper class terms such as,

“Awfully nice”.....”Terribly good”

Just think about those,they’re a total nonsense.

I absolutely loath this faux gangster/patois way the “innit” generation speak including a lot of footballers.......f u c k me,you were born in Carlisle and you play for Blackpool so why the f hook are you talking like a Jamaican drug dealer? 😖😤

Just when you think it can’t get any worse someone dreams up “my bad” and we now have Hollywood icon Robert De Niro using it in a poxy car advert!

My f u c k I n g bad.

Jesus!!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    2 for me I cannot abide is the use of the word "segway" - Ricky Gervais would have a field day with that one......
    Having never heard this one before I'm clearly missing all of the right meetings. Just looked it up and found the following online discussion. Some of the comments below are funny as examples of severe anal retention. I'm probably going to have 'segue' on the brain for the rest of my day now. Cheers tw@t 🤣 ......

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...tute-for-segue

The saying that irks me the most is 'put it on the back burner'. What a stupid saying!

“Obviously”

Why say it then!?

T W A T!

Starting every sentence with the word Basically. But my biggest gripe is the use of the term R & B to describe the sh8te and drivel that is supposed to be music these days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)