+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irritating sayings

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Starting every sentence with the word Basically. But my biggest gripe is the use of the term R & B to describe the sh8te and drivel that is supposed to be music these days.
    As I put on another thread, just watch some old Top Of The Pops to see that there was an enormous amount of dire ‘music’ about back then. What was on TOTP was mimed to, add insult to injury!

In Yorkshire - it’s good is that! Also going t pub!

Also pundits paid a **** load of money whose command of the vocabulary is shocking ie Rio Ferdinand who makes Beckham appear half intelligent!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    In Yorkshire - it’s good is that! Also going t pub!

Also pundits paid a **** load of money whose command of the vocabulary is shocking ie Rio Ferdinand who makes Beckham appear half intelligent!
    In fairness though all areas have their own dialect and nothing can be as difficult as Black Country and Yorkshire has its own idiosyncrasies.

The use of “T” before certain things is a shortening of “to the” or “the”.

If you think Yorkshire is hard to understand then try moving to the Black Country after being in Yorkshire all your life 😆

All my kids and my wife can barely understand our Geordie family but having grown up amongst that I have no problem with their dialect at all.

The one I really can’t stand is Scouse.

Whinging,moaning,horrible dialect that makes them spit their words out.

I don’t much like the Brummie accent either as that’s another moany and whining nasal monstrosity.

Backstop! Why do we use an American baseball term to describe a peculiarly British thing?

So, obviously some easily irrtitated guys on here, innit? Basically, at this moment of time, I can understand it. 😎😇

Here’s a beauty.........,

These w a n k e r s who’ve decided to add the word “super” before words like “excited”.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    So, obviously some easily irrtitated guys on here, innit?.....
    Absolutely, amazing even 😊 ......

Often preceding a lie 'the fact of the matter is'

Expressions that were increasingly used at work and got right on my t!ts

‘Are we talking ball park?’

‘We need some blue sky thinking’

‘Thinking out of the box for a moment’

Sorry if they have already been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Expressions that were increasingly used at work and got right on my t!ts

‘Are we talking ball park?’

‘We need some blue sky thinking’

‘Thinking out of the box for a moment’

Sorry if they have already been mentioned.
    Good additions to the thread, I agree with your sentiments regarding their ‘ irritation level’!

Another one, football this time, is when managers and players are talking about their club but always seem to say ‘........the football club’. Well, it wouldn’t be the f***ing bowls club, would it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)