+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT - Favourite ever albums, top 20

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I rather preferred Budgies deliver us from evil, more than your selection. Flowers in the attic etc
    ...wherein Burke Shelley got a bit more philosophical than usual. How could a band put out so many **** hot albums yet still not hit the big time?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ...wherein Burke Shelley got a bit more philosophical than usual. How could a band put out so many **** hot albums yet still not hit the big time?
    No idea Andy.
    I thought Arrival was a good album as well.
    Awsome album cover artwork as well

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    No idea Andy.
    I thought Arrival was a good album as well.
    Awsome album cover artwork as well
    Tricky didn't know much about Budgie because I wasn't born till 1970 I was usually influenced by my dad's music hence Dire Straits But I love heavy and metal rock So just been on Y/ tube to see Budgie I watched "in for the kill" they are very good. I'm definitely having some more of that

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Tricky didn't know much about Budgie because I wasn't born till 1970 I was usually influenced by my dad's music hence Dire Straits But I love heavy and metal rock So just been on Y/ tube to see Budgie I watched "in for the kill" they are very good. I'm definitely having some more of that

You won't be disappointed. 'Breadfan' is IMO the all time great rock intro, and has been my ringtone for 20 years. I've seen Budgie more times than any other band, I've seen them in 11 different venues in Derby!

Edit:

Kings Hall
    Kedleston Road Tech
    Wilmorton Tech
    Rockhouse
    Flowerpot
    Wherehouse, I think the night before Oasis!
    Friary Hotel (can't remember the club name that ran there)
    Cleo's
    Ajanta
    Baileys believe it or not
    Assembly Rooms supporting Blizzard Of Oz, wow what a gig that was. Budgie were on top form, the opinion amongst my mates was that Ozzy's band needed to be pretty **** hot to better Budgie. They were.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 10-05-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Having an elder brother whose music interests are rooted in the fifties that era still figures in mine. Listening to his skiffle band practising using such improvised instruments as the tea chest bass, the washboard and an upturned bucket was great fun. He was particular good with the comb and paper and a dab hand using the bones!!
    Personally, I like most pop music through the sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties and even into this century. Eminem was a particular favourite. I just like any good stuff.
    However, if told I was going deaf and could listen to one album it has to be
    Songs of Leonard Cohen!! Just bloody marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You won't be disappointed. 'Breadfan' is IMO the all time great rock intro, and has been my ringtone for 20 years. I've seen Budgie more times than any other band, I've seen them in 11 different venues in Derby!

Edit:

Kings Hall
    Kedleston Road Tech
    Wilmorton Tech
    Rockhouse
    Flowerpot
    Wherehouse, I think the night before Oasis!
    Friary Hotel (can't remember the club name that ran there)
    Cleo's
    Ajanta
    Baileys believe it or not
    Assembly Rooms supporting Blizzard Of Oz, wow what a gig that was. Budgie were on top form, the opinion amongst my mates was that Ozzy's band needed to be pretty **** hot to better Budgie. They were.
    Thanks for that Andy I will spend some time listening to them on Y/tube your obviously a fan then Its amazing they were not bigger than they are But a lot of really good bands are are more interested in playing there own stuff with a loyal band of fans Your obviously one of them

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Having an elder brother whose music interests are rooted in the fifties that era still figures in mine. Listening to his skiffle band practising using such improvised instruments as the tea chest bass, the washboard and an upturned bucket was great fun. He was particular good with the comb and paper and a dab hand using the bones!!
    Personally, I like most pop music through the sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties and even into this century. Eminem was a particular favourite. I just like any good stuff.
    Mac I'm like you I like all music from any age I've got lots of my parents sixties and seventies stuff I like Buddy Holly ,Elvis ,Hollis, Billy Fury etc Im mainly into rock but will gladly listened to anything . Like you I like Eminem . With having a 14year old i also like a lot of today's stuff I think there is a lot of snobbery where music is concerned but to me if somebody likes it is good music

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Great choice mac. Saw him three times...first time was 1972 just before I left school, and the last time was, I think his last tour here in 2013, not long after I’d retired.

Despite not being the most ‘uplifting’ of music he had a real mischievous stage presence and the last couple of times I saw him he had surrounded himself with brilliant musicians and the wonderful Webb Sisters, backing singers par excellence.

He remains the only famous person whose death made me shed tears of genuine loss. If you get a chance and haven’t seen it, I recommend ‘Marianne and Leonard, Words of Love’...interesting, moving and don’t be too critical...they were very different times!

I was always partial to Blackmores original Rainbow, using Dio's lyrics.
    Greensleeves being a favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOhdgnJIi4

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Great choice mac. Saw him three times...first time was 1972 just before I left school, and the last time was, I think his last tour here in 2013, not long after I’d retired.

Despite not being the most ‘uplifting’ of music he had a real mischievous stage presence and the last couple of times I saw him he had surrounded himself with brilliant musicians and the wonderful Webb Sisters, backing singers par excellence.

He remains the only famous person whose death made me shed tears of genuine loss. If you get a chance and haven’t seen it, I recommend ‘Marianne and Leonard, Words of Love’...interesting, moving and don’t be too critical...they were very different times!
    After he passed away I couldn't listen to any of his work for some time, then I saw him again on telly. I forget the details and it was recorded not long before he passed away but I realised that his legacy will remain and one hopes that future generations will tap into his genius.
    Shall follow your recommendations and report back!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)