+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shirla

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I used to watch Whitley Bay in the late 80’s & early 90’s in the Northern League & NPL and there were far, far better players than him at that level - thief, stole a living, club made him a millionaire and yet (I’d forgotten he was even our so called loan manager), he’s still hanging in there like some kind of ultimate parasite.
    He did destroy his hip playing for us by putting off surgery for years. Had he sorted the problem out immediately he would have been a much better player for us. I'm dead serious.

Reminds me of Andy Caroll, what could have been if not for injuries and in his case not putting proper fuel in the tank.

Very skilful player, foluwashola. There is a reason EVERY SINGLE manager we ever had rated him highly. He was clearly Ronaldo9 in training. I think Pardew even mentioned it saying if only he could get him to translate his training form onto the pitch.

But Keegan mark 2 tried to get rid and then Shola outlasted him, I just don’t think he was ever good enough for us in the first place but then contrived to play for an unfathomably large number of games for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think Shola is a crap loan manager.

But i think he was/is a genuine fan of the club, I also think he wants to see the best in everybody and since he's worked with Bruce and got friendly with him wants to see him get a chance.

I also think he did best he could for us and he always stood up to be counted.

Yes he's not doing himself any favours but he also has his job to think about.

He's not going to get a better job at a different club is he. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think Shola is a crap loan manager.

But i think he was/is a genuine fan of the club, I also think he wants to see the best in everybody and since he's worked with Bruce and got friendly with him wants to see him get a chance.

I also think he did best he could for us and he always stood up to be counted.

Yes he's not doing himself any favours but he also has his job to think about.

He's not going to get a better job at a different club is he. . .
    His handling of Elias Sorensen's Loan / development is evidence Strola has no idea what he is doing. One of the greatest young prospects we've had for a long time being squandered. What about the French/African lad? I forget his name, he was banging them in when Elias went out on loan?? Why isn't he out on loan and really developing?

I started a thread saying I was sick of hearing "poor old Brucie."

With pundit and hacky pundit spouting 'Steve Bruce deserves/has earned the right to be given a chance under the new owners.'

What have those a$$holes been doing since August 2019, what have they been watching?

The stats don't lie - Bruce has fluked us into 14th place enjoying the luxury of 6 of the worst teams ever to grace the Premier League since it's conception.

We can only go on facts and stats. Based on the numbers Bruce has proven a total failure and doesn't deserve anything more than being shown the door.

We're gonna bung the Brummy Punching bag (remember when he was managing Birmingham and got battered whilst scaring off a bunch of buglers broke into his house at Chrismas) £3+ Million for the season

Statman Dave breaks down our current squad & Pochettino's potential target/formation etc. Interesting fact based analysis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaBUapfTEtU

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Some great players can never make the transition into management.
    I would give my right nut to play for the toon but I am so sh ite at footy I wouldn’t get a game for Gateshead never mind Newcastle.
    We slag off former players as being crap but Shola did what I couldn’t do and in his own way he lived the dream.My dream.
    He scored some important goals for us.
    Ok he wasn’t the best striker but always gave 100% and yes at the moment his job of overseeing loans hasn’t gone well and he’s probably out of his depth but imho that says more about the current regime than him.
    I think people should lay off slating him.
    I honestly don’t think he has a bad bone in his body.
    He comes accross as a top bloke.

No question about that. Its his footballing ability I doubt.

I am satisfied to have never played for the Toon than be Shola.

If you get my drift....

I always thought he was too nice a player.

He needed a bit of devil and aggression for someone his size, he would have been a beast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)