+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How to end the season?

How to end the season?

1. Cancel-Null and Void
    2. Wait until its safe & push back next season
    3. Play out the 2 remaining fixtures until everyone is even.
    4. Halt the season and relegate bottom 2 like they did in France
    5. Stop and just name Liverpool as Champions
    6. Dont care

Obviously the safety of people and players is paramount and all talk of football can be seen as trivual but it will return....one day!

Myself, I think we should play the 2 remaining fixtures behind closed doors and then call it a day.
    Villa v sheff utd
    Aresnel v Man citey

It will give the FA a look at how to control the match safety ahead of next season but would allow Liverpool to be rightly named Champions, we would have one last chance of safety, blow it and well, we deserve the drop.
    It would also allow the top two in the championship to be promoted.
    Lets face it, without us the fans, the games will be unidentifiable which ever league your in so a drop and promotion next season to a proper premier with large crowds would be more appertising!

Anyway, just thought I would throw one in there to keep us all talking

Stay Safe.

Definitely 2, then 3 then 1 at a push.

We’re getting slagged for moaning about the cost of relegation, yet by finishing now to prepare for next season is ALL about the money.

We’ve played 73.6% of our season and have a game in hand. We should be allowed to play out the season with fans, whenever safe to do so. Next season is irrelevant at this moment in time, it does not exist.

It’s like everything in life, finish what you’ve started, then tackle the next issue. Why should the Premier League be any different?

[QUOTE=TrianonDave;39492385]1. Cancel-Null and Void
    2. Wait until its safe & push back next season
    3. Play out the 2 remaining fixtures until everyone is even.
    4. Halt the season and relegate bottom 2 like they did in France
    5. Stop and just name Liverpool as Champions
    6. Dont care

2 and only 2 is the right thing to do, it's fair all round and the moneymen have enough brains to come up with a plan to avoid financial armageddon. In all other seasons as it draws to a close the teams know exactly how many matches they have left to achieve their aim before all is lost. At the minute no-one is cut adrift and the example of Leicester just a few years ago and indeed ourselves last season proves the possible.

All of that said - it's just football so I don't care enough about when or what the outcomes are when over 30,000 of our own citizens are no longer with us.

No question of sport starting up on Boris Johnsons speach tonight. I think thats it then, football is over for this season. We now have 10 weeks to hunker down and prep for next season.

What about 3(b)?

Cancel the fixture weekend that the 4 teams missed a round.

So Watford v Scouse, Narrich v Lista, West ham v Saints and Bournemouth v Chelski are null and void?

Points per game is bollox. No team is mathematically relegated or promoted at this point. Try telling Sandwell or Lista that survival is impossible. And Leeds will always fall apart again. Or try telling the ‘bin dippers’ that the magic of football means nowt. Istanbul or Barca anyone?

Nah the longer this goes on the more ridiculous it gets.

Boris's speech means nowt, as no-one knows what'll happen in 2 days time, never mind 2 weeks mate. But I get where you're coming from.

Hope all's well with everyone.

No mention of professional sport until 1st July at the earliest....thats another 7 weeks so, just when will these thick idiots understand project 'restart' is dead in the water.
    The exception to sport will be restricted to Golf, Tennis and Fishing but again not professional.
    I think until you can get rid of the distancing rule then football, whether at Neutral grounds, 30 mins at half or 100 subs is just nonesense and I think the people in charge know this.

So for me, its end now and relegate as your position now, i'm sure Purslow is preparing the law suite as we speak or you declare null and void. There is only one club who will be peed off by that!
    I think the: no relegation and promote 2 is not going to happen as people will want to see less games next season not more.
    We need to see what happens in Germany, Italy and Spain first and its not started well with several players being testing positive!
    What a mess.
    Its all a good talking point and obviously our own health has to be the priority but we all love our footy and I for one am missing it, whether i will like watching a game in empty stadiums like a friendly is another matter. I suppose the boffs in TV world can add sound especially when someone scores??

Lets see what nonesense comes out of the FA meeting today.

Stay Safe, Stay Alert Everyone.

hello everyone...

First, the only reason they (the FA/Premier League) want to resume the season (not "restart" that is entirely different) is because of loss of revenue from the TV companies.

The thing I truly don't understand is the rush! The rush to resume the season, when just yesterday 3 BHA players were tested positive. You can't play a contact sport and keep adhering to social distancing.

Surely, we have started, so we will finish! Does it matter if no football is played until January? February, May?? The season 2020/2021 is the one to write off. This season can resume in 5 years time for all it matters! The only complication is players contracts, but seriously, in A MULTI BILLION POUND industry, is there really no contingency in case of war, famine, pandemics, zombies and aliens? Surely, there can be a fine print in players contracts that would say *the contract can be terminated due to gross misconduct, and extended in instances of a hiatus of a season coming from national or international emergency*

It's all about money and greed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)