+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the reconstruction group

the reconstruction group

who in their right mind thought 15 people would be a nice starting figure?
    talk about to many cooks spoiling the broth,deemed to failure from the off,and that is before the self preservation squad of chairmen returned from the trough.

Scottish football an utter laughing stock to the rest of the world.teams thrown under the bus when the gap was minimal,others handed champion titles when in some cases the gap at the top was minimal.

this was a perfect opportunity for change due to the current situation, and they have wasted it.
    once the premier league chairmen are involved, thats it up the swanney.
    they cant think outside the box,apart from the old firm chairmen,they dont think they will survive without the four O F games.
    you see the games on tv, games are played in almost empty stadiums.
    no wonder fans are drifting away. sometimes including cup games, you are meeting teams about six times a season.
    cant say im surprised, but once again i'm in despair with scottish football.
    once again, the fans opinions are ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    this was a perfect opportunity for change due to the current situation, and they have wasted it.
    once the premier league chairmen are involved, thats it up the swanney.
    they cant think outside the box,apart from the old firm chairmen,they dont think they will survive without the four O F games.
    you see the games on tv, games are played in almost empty stadiums.
    no wonder fans are drifting away. sometimes including cup games, you are meeting teams about six times a season.
    cant say im surprised, but once again i'm in despair with scottish football.
    once again, the fans opinions are ignored.
    While the discussion only revolves around the size of the league, Scottish football will continue to disappear down the plughole.
    No attempt at improving the offering, fans disregarded as a matter of course and the absolute boredom of the Celtic or Rangers procession year after year. 35 years and counting since anyone else was champion.
    Should be a top league of 2 with no relegation and no promotion to it, 36 games against each other - sell that to Sky. Then two leagues of 18 where players could develop, entertainment could be developed and people could be trusted to have a beer without fear they’ll invade the pitch for a riot.

Em gonna try a different tack when I go back to the football, gonna try and enjoy each game I go to for what it is and stop fretting about promotion and winning leagues.

Scottish football dosent really exist.

It's just all geared up to suit tv and the old firm, with Aberdeen not far behind.

Gonna try and enjoy the players that represent the club I support rather than get stressed over trying to get up to a league that includes Accies, Livvy, st m and county.

That philosophy might no last with 3 defeats on the trot but I'm gonna try.

Oh and despite our Cple of admins I really do hope a few teams go to the wall.

After the Coronavirus pandemic is eventually over SKY may not have the same clout.
    A lot of SKY Sports customers have suspended their subscription and it is quite likely that a lot of them will decide to cancel their subscription permanently.
    Ann Budge is correct when she stated that the SPFL should be telling SKY about their plans for League Reconstruction not using SKY as an excuse for scrapping it.
    Scottish Football could survive without SKY.
    There would be less money in the game and clubs would be forced to play younger players rather than sign to flight players on huge wages to buy success as Celtic and Rangers have been doing for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    After the Coronavirus pandemic is eventually over SKY may not have the same clout.
    A lot of SKY Sports customers have suspended their subscription and it is quite likely that a lot of them will decide to cancel their subscription permanently.
    Ann Budge is correct when she stated that the SPFL should be telling SKY about their plans for League Reconstruction not using SKY as an excuse for scrapping it.
    Scottish Football could survive without SKY.
    There would be less money in the game and clubs would be forced to play younger players rather than sign to flight players on huge wages to buy success as Celtic and Rangers have been doing for many years.
    It would survive without sky and without the old firm.

It's like gangerine they three.

Cut them out you may lose an arm or a leg, keep them and it's a slow but guaranteed death.

Its the way I feel about the champions league as well, it's just ruined European football.

Don't know what the most competitive top league in Europe is......one of the scandanavian countries? Genuinely don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Not sure how you work that out ?

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Not sure how you work that out ?
    There has been no live football on SKY for over eight weeks and people are managing without it.
    Having a SKY Sports subscription is a luxury to a lot of people and if people have to make reductions in their lifestyle something that they have not been able to watch for over eight weeks is the obvious thing to cancel.
    I was seriously considering cancelling my SKY Sports subscription because it is no use to me. Dundee FC games are no longer shown live on SKY Sports.
    I have not seen Champions League and Europa League matches live since UEFa sold the rights to BT Sport.
    I would be delighted if SKY ended their contract with the SPFL as we could get back to all League matches kicking off at 3pm instead of playing some games at ‘stupid o’clock’ with no consideration for the football supporters.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)