+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End of season imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    On this topic, excellent interview with the Vale Chairwoman on the BBC website about why, despite the a Vale having a decent chance of getting to the play offs, she voted in favour of ending the season. Clearly they now have an owner with the good of football at the heart of her decisions, not self interest - well done Mrs Shanahan.
    She is an amazing person, and she makes us proud of our club again. The day after the season closed vale started feeding the vulnerable in the community. And if it closed down a week earlier we would have been in the play offs, with an easier run in than others. Im gutted but ever so proud. It would have been nice, but an extra year to rebuild from the damage done by the previous occupant wont harm us. From the embarrassment of smurthwaite to improvement on the pitch, a community club looking after its people (before any of this madness even started), a finished stand at long last, a robbie concert next year, and stability. Play offs or not, its been a great season. And a hour or two after we got the news, we find out we lost one of our own to covid, puts its all into perspective. Football isnt more important than life or death, and she gets that. Stay safe.

Very pleased we are up, though not feeling as delighted as I should be. Just hope the dust settles soon and the Club can plan for next season. I just hope we can strengthen the squad sufficiently to be competitive in League One. Got weary of last day of the season cliff-hangers under Davis. I agree with AstonAlex that the day may come soon when League One and Two merge to become League One North and South. Financially, this seems the most sensible long-term option. As for MacAnthony, League Two clubs voted to allow the promotion playoffs and there is no reason why League One clubs do not vote the same way.

I am not sure about North and South leagues. It is further to Grimsby and Carlisle than Stevenageand Swindon. I know this is only a small example.

Anyway great news if it works out. Disappointing re winning the league but before the season started I bet we would have taken second

That’s MacAnthony’s problem, of course - PPG would put Wycombe above Peterborough and into the play offs. And he doesn’t take the same stance as Mrs Shanahan.

Congratulations Alex!!! I saw all the games via "Ifollow" and we we definitely earned a spot in the top three (I.M.O.), it would have been rough on them had the season been scrapped. A big thank you to Mrs Shanahan and all fellow "in favour" voters. So it's onward and upwards (after a virtual pitch invasion) to League One.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123