+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovely encounter

Ian Mitchell is my all time favourite player. Great story brings back great memories when I was a young lad going to Tannadice sitting on the wall in front of the shed.

Ian Mitchell's wife is a friend. She and her son were so angry at the way the club treated Ian at the end of his time at Tannadice, that they started supporting Dundee after his premature death and are regulars at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie43 View Post
    Ian Mitchell's wife is a friend. She and her son were so angry at the way the club treated Ian at the end of his time at Tannadice, that they started supporting Dundee after his premature death and are regulars at Dens.
    I can't comment on your remarks other than to say she spoke well about the United doctors visiting Ian when he was ill. And spoke well about United being promoted.

A similar story - i'm skiting golf balls around Lochee Park in the 80s nearly and hit a old boy or was it his dog, he comes over and i'm like really sorry mister , i'm wearing a United tracksuit , he goes i used to play for your team -i am like 'OK-who are you then mate ' -Ian Mitchell -'i'll need to ask my dad , you arent Luggy Bannon Narey' then he goes 'stick in at the golf son'

After it, I'm like pure dinghy who was that boy - United player good ane , kept knocking balls about went home later -said to my old man 'just seen some old United player , Ian Mitchell or something' so he's then running out the door going 'what just in the street ? i go nah about an hour ago in the park he was walking his dog -i nearly hit them with a golf ball'

I think he liked him as player
    Last edited by Chips_OToole; 15-05-2020 at 11:39 PM.

What a terrible story on such a good thread.

Sorry about that. She is still interested in United but may not admit it and got on well with Stephen Thomson who I hated. I remember saying to him how good it was getting into Europe and his reply was "you think?".

Sorry about that. She is still interested in United but may not admit it and got on well with Stephen Thomson who I hated. I remember saying to him how good it was getting into Europe and his reply was "you think?".
    Nae probs mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)