+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay Alert

Stay Alert

I can see why the other leaders are blasting this new - Stay Alert - as opposed to Stay At Home as for f uck sake we are not out of the woods yet! The most deaths in Europe - a lock down compared to Italy and Spain which is a 7 week Bank Holiday, and huge worries of a second spike.

As much as I like Boris - he was far too slow to act ( unlike Germany ) and I hope he's not going to be bullied by businesses by opening everything up too early. If we have a second spike and things are relaxed too soon, I fear many will turn against Boris, but the main culprits are many of our stupid citizens who have treated this virus as a joke whilst our front line key workers are putting themselves at risk.

Talking about being bullied - Boris needs to tell some of the loud Tory donors to shut it, as opposed to going public and telling him what he should be doing. Likewise those companies who have very wealthy owners should be told to go f uck themselves for government bail outs ie Virgin Atlantic, Sports Direct, Newcastle Utd - incredible arrogant and greedy owners who make you vomit!

How can employees of Newcastle Utd be furloughed, where clubs in lower leagues have decided against this? Who takes the wrap for a ill thought out system being abused? Had Joe average tried to fiddle a few quid, the book would have been thrown at him, or his house threatened to be taken away!

I have stayed alert for a long time now. I’ve become used to being a ‘lert’!

8 weeks and 3 days for me now and I’ll admit it’s started to drive me nuts.

The dam is going to burst soon I think.

I think we’ll reach the point where an acceptance is reached at a high level that 1% of the population can be sacrificed to save the economy.

Those of us knocking 60 and above might have to accept that we take the risk on the chin for the sake of the economy if we want our freedom back.

The country needs lerts.

China possibly the beginning of another wave. Locking some smaller cities down up in the North. Wuhan another case...there is never just one!!
    S. Korea loosened restrictions last week...starting to reimpose today...Spike up in infections.
    Germany...loosening restrictions earlier this week...Infections already increasing and transmission rate up above one which is not a good direction, as it can quickly go up...fasts...
    THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL, FOR ANYBODY OUT THERE THINKING WE CAN JUST GO BACK TO NORMAL SOCIALIZING. YOU CAN BUT AT GREAT RISK, IF NOT TO YOU TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ENJOY HUGGING THEM..IT COULD BE THEIR LAST TIME!

I have said change is coming for some time now and these are the first signs of radical change.....When that faithful asteroid was hurtling across the sky towards impact with our planet, some 65 million years a go...the Dinosaurs (some) looked up and then carried on eating or whatever they were doing, not knowing their days were already numbered.
    In terms of economy....I was always led to believe that two consecutive quarters signaled a recession...three was a depression..
    Well you can forget the great depression of 1929...the UK could be in for its worse growth since the great frost of 1709..over 300 years.....the world itself has entered the ICU and it is not looking good for the patient..

1. The level of oxygen on the planet is highly polluted and cause for respiratory failure.
    2. The circulatory system is highly contaminated and acidic. Rivers and Oceans the life blood of the patient severe Sepsis.
    3. The lungs of the planet are been constantly attacked by bacteria. The forests are incapable of supplying the needed oxygen.
    4. Soil depletion is at an all time high, along side nutritional depletion of the soil.

If we had a patient presenting into our ICU looking like this figure wise........We'd be asking the nurse to call the next of kin in, for an end of life meeting......

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    China possibly the beginning of another wave. Locking some smaller cities down up in the North. Wuhan another case...there is never just one!!
    S. Korea loosened restrictions last week...starting to reimpose today...Spike up in infections.
    Germany...loosening restrictions earlier this week...Infections already increasing and transmission rate up above one which is not a good direction, as it can quickly go up...fasts...
    THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL, FOR ANYBODY OUT THERE THINKING WE CAN JUST GO BACK TO NORMAL SOCIALIZING. YOU CAN BUT AT GREAT RISK, IF NOT TO YOU TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ENJOY HUGGING THEM..IT COULD BE THEIR LAST TIME!

I have said change is coming for some time now and these are the first signs of radical change.....When that faithful asteroid was hurtling across the sky towards impact with our planet, some 65 million years a go...the Dinosaurs (some) looked up and then carried on eating or whatever they were doing, not knowing their days were already numbered.
    In terms of economy....I was always led to believe that two consecutive quarters signaled a recession...three was a depression..
    Well you can forget the great depression of 1929...the UK could be in for its worse growth since the great frost of 1709..over 300 years.....the world itself has entered the ICU and it is not looking good for the patient..

1. The level of oxygen on the planet is highly polluted and cause for respiratory failure.
    2. The circulatory system is highly contaminated and acidic. Rivers and Oceans the life blood of the patient severe Sepsis.
    3. The lungs of the planet are been constantly attacked by bacteria. The forests are incapable of supplying the needed oxygen.
    4. Soil depletion is at an all time high, along side nutritional depletion of the soil.

If we had a patient presenting into our ICU looking like this figure wise........We'd be asking the nurse to call the next of kin in, for an end of life meeting......
    Jesus Dubs......😳😳😳

A very stark analogy but very striking.

Can I ask you a harsh question......

Do you think that without a vaccine we are just going to be forced to gear up the NHS here and medical provision around the world and just take this on the chin as is my mind set now?

I can honestly see most governments accepting a 1% loss of population in order to restart the world economy.

In the Middle Ages, about 1347, the Black Death hit Europe and decimated the population, the death rate was somewhere in the region of 40 to 50%! Across Europe and parts of Asia there were estimated to have been between 100 - 200 million deaths; and back then that was a massive proportion of the population. Of course, if such a pestilence were to occur today and cause a similar death rate, it would catastrophic for every country but would almost certainly be a massive boost to the overall health of Planet Earth. Not that I am wishing for such an event but it does make one think. There are still two laboratories in the World, at least those that countries admit to, that still hold the Smallpox virus. Any immunity the World’s population may have had against that has long since gone, so if ever that particular infection were to ‘escape’, it would be a worldwide catastrophe for the human race. Just to cheer you all up...............!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Jesus Dubs......������

A very stark analogy but very striking.

Can I ask you a harsh question......

Do you think that without a vaccine we are just going to be forced to gear up the NHS here and medical provision around the world and just take this on the chin as is my mind set now?

I can honestly see most governments accepting a 1% loss of population in order to restart the world economy.
    If it were that simple Mick...honestly, if it were only that simple. Be under no illusions Mick... This changes everything but as is always the case...the signs have been missed by most. While I don't agree with Des's conspiracy theories about how this originated.....along with many others things he posts...I do agree with one thing he states...."Something doesn't add up"

I actually don't think that Covid-19 is the real story here....I think it is the "Dry run" to something else. 2020 was always going to be an unprecedented year. Many in Europe thought it would center around BREXIT. Remember that?
    As quickly as BREXIT disappeared of the stage...I also see Covid-19 disappearing fast as well....but its consequences will remain. We could yet use this period of time to our advantage by the end of the year...but time is disappearing fast as well....It's a most interesting time to be living.
    But COVID-19 is not the main story....Just appears to be right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Just to cheer you all up...............!
    We are living in an extinction age, so it is quite an apt conversation to be having....nothing morbid about it at all.
    You can still go on to You Tube and watch people standing around in harms way before the Tsunami struck off Indonesia...They just didn't read the signs properly. They were unfortunate...but nature isn't interested in unfortunate.... only signs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7WyJ4S1Pdc
    Everything in life is about signs and interpreting there meaning...depending on what you are looking for....Chasing down that lovely girl in a bar or tracking an animal in a forest....signs are there to be read..and most importantly...UNDERSTOOD...not misconstrued but correctly understood, to a scientific level almost....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    If it were that simple Mick...honestly, if it were only that simple. Be under no illusions Mick... This changes everything but as is always the case...the signs have been missed by most. While I don't agree with Des's conspiracy theories about how this originated.....along with many others things he posts...I do agree with one thing he states...."Something doesn't add up"

I actually don't think that Covid-19 is the real story here....I think it is the "Dry run" to something else. 2020 was always going to be an unprecedented year. Many in Europe thought it would center around BREXIT. Remember that?
    As quickly as BREXIT disappeared of the stage...I also see Covid-19 disappearing fast as well....but its consequences will remain. We could yet use this period of time to our advantage by the end of the year...but time is disappearing fast as well....It's a most interesting time to be living.
    But COVID-19 is not the main story....Just appears to be right now.....
    Interesting post. I heard someone else saying something similar recently and I don’t disagree. What do you think the main story is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)