+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Well That Was Crystal Clear !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    So what would you do if you were in his position ?
    If I'd have been in his position firstly the Cheltenham Festival would have been cancelled along with the Liverpool v Athletico Madrid champions league game when the virus was starting to get real .

The situation in Spain and Italy gave you the reference you needed as to what was coming and I'd have lockdown weeks before we did .

Nobody would be going back to work either till we see that infection rate and death toll down massively , almost to zero .

You'd need test evidence that you are virus free too when you start back if I was in charge .

I'll say here and now we are going to be hit with a second wave of this thing if we start taking our foot of it's throat .

We had 11 deaths 7 weeks ago and now we have 32k , just absorb that figure from that position .

Yes many people wouldn't like me , but it's better than death .

If that fecking chancellor starts whinging I'd tell him to get feckin inventive then , what does the country pay your wages for ?

As much as I dislike the women Thatcher would have been on top of this from the start , done what the country needed not what it liked .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Because he's a weak PM who is more concerned about his own popularity which stops him from making the tough decisions you need in times like this .

It's difficult to believe anything he says because he is a career liar and an opportunist .

Almost every position he's held he's made a complete feck up of .

He's somehow managed to become PM with a three word slogan and not policies which he avoided to the extreme or to even discuss because he didn't have any .

He's totally unfit to be the PM of this country , Thatcher would have slung him out of the government and you'd never have heard of him again if he'd been around back then .

This country is vast becoming a worldwide joke and it's people like him who are the root cause of it voted in by needy people who are the most willing to be led , historically to tragedy which was Hitler's root to power .

If you want an example of real leadership in a crisis then read the link I've provided , remember that Greece is one of the most hardest hit country's to have endured austerity .... and yet .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ter-150-deaths
    Unfortunately they shoot innocent civilians on their border and deny it ever happened.
    There are many countries I wouldn't trust to give true figures, and Greece is one of them.
    This thing is far from over and some countries are in for a nasty shock.
    Before you say it, we might be one of them.
    Boris might not be everyone's cuppa tea but what does that say about Corbyn, McDonell, & Abbott?
    Abbott's press conferences would be comedy gold - all them figures.
    It would be interesting to see how Labour would have handled it seeing as they wouldn't have done anything Boris has done.
    It's like Monty Python's 'Is this the right room for an argument' sketch.
    That's not just saying 'No it isn't', 'Yes it is', 'No it isn't'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Unfortunately they shoot innocent civilians on their border and deny it ever happened.
    There are many countries I wouldn't trust to give true figures, and Greece is one of them.
    This thing is far from over and some countries are in for a nasty shock.
    Before you say it, we might be one of them.
    Boris might not be everyone's cuppa tea but what does that say about Corbyn, McDonell, & Abbott?
    Abbott's press conferences would be comedy gold - all them figures.
    It would be interesting to see how Labour would have handled it seeing as they wouldn't have done anything Boris has done.
    It's like Monty Python's 'Is this the right room for an argument' sketch.
    That's not just saying 'No it isn't', 'Yes it is', 'No it isn't'.
    Neither you or anybody else will know how Corbyn would have handled things , it's totally irrelevant so let's stick to the government who are in office .

I'll think you'll find the figures from Greece stack up Hodger , its hardly North Korea .

I think that the PM is a bumbling weak jerk who's messages lack clarity. We need solid leadership with discipline and assurance at a time like this rather than all this uncertainty and confusion.

I'm disappointed with the behaviour and attitude of some of the members of the public during the lockdown and they need to take responsibility. The message from the PM tonight vindicates that behaviour and gives license to these people with no brains or consideration to do what the hell they want as long as they 'stay alert' whatever 'stay alert' is supposed to mean. The police now have a nigh on impossible task now to define how they're actually supposed to enforce measures and restrictions. What a total fecking shambles.

A tell thi nar that my own interpretation is stay at ooam and that's what al be doing along with my missus and kids for the foreseeable cos thuz nowt at all to suggest that this virus has gone away or we're any less at risk. It's just been kept at bay and contained by the measures most of us have been adhering to. This could all be in vain now thanks to Worzal Gummidge's latest message and another catastrophe more than likely on the horizon.

Tha carnt du reyt fo doowin rong Boris , nubdi else ez cummart an sed wats best thing tu doo NUBDI , moan moan f----g moan ,
    Agree, people just love to moan instead of using their common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I don't think many people will be going back this week other than self employed.
    We were told last week that it'll be a good few weeks before anyone will be asked to go in, and then it'll only be 10% of staff until they can make it safe.
    Anyone furloughed has to be given notice of when to go back, they won't just turn up tomorrow.
    It depends on the employer I suppose.
    Most big employers will be very careful you'd like to think.
    My Mrs works in HR for Primark and even they're being careful.
    I still think an awful lot will still stay off.
    I see Germany have said their 'R' rate is back over 1 again.

Large manufacturing companies have been told a couple of weeks ago the date they could be expecting to start to open back up and have been given guidelines about doing this safely. If they are a good employer they will have been preparing things for the past week ready for phased reopening from this week.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Large manufacturing companies have been told a couple of weeks ago the date they could be expecting to start to open back up and have been given guidelines about doing this safely. If they are a good employer they will have been preparing things for the past week ready for phased reopening from this week.
    Who are these "large manufacturing " companies?
    If they are not "good employers" then what ?
    If what you say is true why didn't the clown say so last night?
    We are second only to the USA on death rate { & even that's not gospel} yet you seem to be defending our Gov'ts actions
    Why have we been letting flights in with over 18 million largely unchecked yet you say to ordinary Joe use your common sense?

Do you use Public Transport ? Depending on which area you may live in ? Some will find it difficult , around here its not so difficult , many use there own transport , difficult to address the whole nation though , common sense ? Should be used , although then again some may find that difficult ! It seems to me many have an agenda/ dislike for Mr Johnson , Why ? I've asked this several times and nobody has given an answer , What would you do if you were in his position?
    It seems to me that many have an agenda/like for Mr Johnson,Why?
    It's people like Animal who will face going back to work not having the luxury of staying at home like many others
    Perhaps Johnson should start using this not so common sense

Anyone can refuse to return to work if the guidlines haven't been met , if anyone feels at risk at work they should inform their Bosses or H&S

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It seems to me that many have an agenda/like for Mr Johnson,Why?
    It's people like Animal who will face going back to work not having the luxury of staying at home like many others
    Perhaps Johnson should start using this not so common sense
    " luxury of staying at home like many others" if that's some sort of reference to me ? I'm hardly enjoying the luxury of being at home , I would rather be fit and well, and getting on with my life not 12 weeks isolation ,

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast