+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Well That Was Crystal Clear !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    " luxury of staying at home like many others" if that's some sort of reference to me ? I'm hardly enjoying the luxury of being at home , I would rather be fit and well, and getting on with my life not 12 weeks isolation ,
    No it's not a reference to you
    Let me rephrase it so it removes any doubt you may have
    " luxury of staying at home like me"

There is that better

Another pathetic statement from GOV unclear, unsafe and just copying France and Spain I've noticed there hasn't been an update of how many cases and deaths in UK recently boris is taking a very risky approach just for the sake of the economy, the lockdown should be adhered to until the figures of cases and deaths go down to single figures

"moaning"---to grumble or complain about something to show you are unhappy with the situation

"scrutiny"---to observe and examine something closely, ask searching questions on what you find, and pose questions to those making decisions about whether things could be improved

Sometimes these overlap but I would be wary of those in society who wish to stop scrutiny.

At some point some people will realise the "what about Corbyn ?" card is now not available as the go to response.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-05-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Moan---Mi hair is starting to annoy me gerrin too long

Scrutiny---Jenrick's hair was beautifully short and coiffured at the lectern on Setdi. How does he do that ? Could others have their hair sorted ?

To be fair when he announced the lockdown a few weeks ago we all knew where we stood , what we could do and what we couldnt , there was very little not to understand , perfectly fine if rather belatedly .

The tricky part yet to come on exiting out of this which I accept is difficult to manage , however .

So given that difficulty it's reasonable to expect firm , clear and precise guidlines when addressing the nation on something as important as this .

So he starts with we've come this far now and we must remain vigilant and keep on doing what we are doing because this virus is still around us .

In the next breath he then says if you can't work from home you should go back this morning but don't use public transport .

That's two conflicting messages .

The detail should come first and then address the nation , not the fecking other way round .

From what I read the cabinet is divided , the black hats are shytting themselves about the economy , the white hats are shytting themselves about more people becoming infected and a second wave of this thing .

So Johnson tries to appease both sides because he's weak and likes to be liked and what you get is a lack of clarity because the reality is he's neither doing one thing or the other .

At times like these the nation needs strong and decisive leadership not someone who is desperately trying to be all things to all people .

The world is shaking its head at this country right now because it's vast becoming a worldwide Frank Spencer .

Nobody expected perfection , that was impossible but we expect strong leadership , reasonable decision making and clarity .

The most despised Tory PM of them all to me and I'd have had her back leading this country through this in a second , nowt to think about .

Anyone whose read my views on that women over the years will also understand how difficult that is to say , but it's true .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-05-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Schools safely open, Public transport available---then people back to work

OR

People back to work, schools closed, little or no public transport.

Spot the correct order.

They were jammed like sardines as usual on the Tube this morning
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-05-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Moan---Mi hair is starting to annoy me gerrin too long

Scrutiny---Jenrick's hair was beautifully short and coiffured at the lectern on Setdi. How does he do that ? Could others have their hair sorted ?
    It'sa syrup ! Gerra basin onthi earrd an let Mary loowiss onnit , thal look like ALF Alfa
    thal ev summat else tu moan ovva then

July looks likely to be the time things will kick off.

Rishi will be phasing down the furlough scheme from 80% to 60% in July to 40% in August

Companies will not be able to take on any more loans

Tory backers squealing about lack of dividend income

Leisure and Hospitality demanding to salvage something from summer season

Benefits bill soaring out of control and threat of permanent large scale unemployment

Brexit threatening to cut growth even further

The economy hawks will come to the fore pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Large manufacturing companies have been told a couple of weeks ago the date they could be expecting to start to open back up and have been given guidelines about doing this safely. If they are a good employer they will have been preparing things for the past week ready for phased reopening from this week.
    I'm in contact with my immediate gaffer regularly , there's about five of em still working and just providing a very basic service to our customers .

Getting led by the government is how they are handling it and he's said nowt to me other than you are furloughed until further notice .

Nobody is expecting Johnson to ring my employer up personally but they've heard nothing , nothing what so ever .

No guidlines , no legislation about testing , PPE or assessing the risks , zilch .

There are more small companies manufacturing in the UK than large ones , I think that's a reasonable assumption to make in this day and age .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It'sa syrup ! Gerra basin onthi earrd an let Mary loowiss onnit , thal look like ALF Alfa
    thal ev summat else tu moan ovva then
    Thuzza global shortage of syrups. Our world leading syrup procurers are working night and day to ramp up the supply of syrups to 200,000 a day with the army manning pop up Syrup Fitting Centres (SFC's) at the hub of each community. Each SFC will have army technicians to shave heads prior to fitting syrups. A large number of "Jenrick Volunteers" are being recruited as we speak to remove sacks of hair to Biomass Generating Centres. We have brought in Lord Coe to oversee all this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast