+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Well That Was Crystal Clear !!

Spoke to our main gaffer today and he says nobody is coming back to work until this threat has passed .

Johnson doesn't own this business I do and I'll make that decision not him were his words .

So stick that up thi pipe Johnson . .

Matt Lucas has it about right in his impersonation of Johnson's speech last night .

https://youtu.be/2WT59lu4tCU

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Who are these "large manufacturing " companies?
    If they are not "good employers" then what ?
    If what you say is true why didn't the clown say so last night?
    We are second only to the USA on death rate { & even that's not gospel} yet you seem to be defending our Gov'ts actions
    Why have we been letting flights in with over 18 million largely unchecked yet you say to ordinary Joe use your common sense?
    Manufacturing and other businesses have never been told to close, the decision has been up to each company if they felt they couldn’t operate safely.. I’m not defending anyone. If an employee feels unsafe then they should speak to their employer or report further if the employer doesn’t make the workplace safe.

The information has been out there

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Johnson has just said in the Commons that employer guidelines for Covid Safety will be published this evening (Monday)
    Further information yes, but there has been guidance for employers on coronavirus on the government websites ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm in contact with my immediate gaffer regularly , there's about five of em still working and just providing a very basic service to our customers .

Getting led by the government is how they are handling it and he's said nowt to me other than you are furloughed until further notice .

Nobody is expecting Johnson to ring my employer up personally but they've heard nothing , nothing what so ever .

No guidlines , no legislation about testing , PPE or assessing the risks , zilch .

There are more small companies manufacturing in the UK than large ones , I think that's a reasonable assumption to make in this day and age .
    Their is guidance from the HSE on their website and has been for weeks, their is also guidance from Public Health England stating what companies need to know, good practice for employers, social distancing principles, how to stagger work, stay at home guidance ,sick pay, limiting the spread, use of masks, moving goods, cleaning and disposals Etc.

A good company when they feel ready should produce a new induction for staff when they return and the workplace has been made safe if it can be. If companies want to just sit back and wait for the virus to pass is their choice but businesses have not been told to close at all unless they are social venues, shops or public venues or they can’t operate safely.

Wall brick , brick wall ,
    Tommy Cooper !

Day 28 Still no sign of one of the Board reaching art to me as promised.

Tha can't believe wot any bugger sez or writes nardays.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Their is guidance from the HSE on their website and has been for weeks, their is also guidance from Public Health England stating what companies need to know, good practice for employers, social distancing principles, how to stagger work, stay at home guidance ,sick pay, limiting the spread, use of masks, moving goods, cleaning and disposals Etc.

A good company when they feel ready should produce a new induction for staff when they return and the workplace has been made safe if it can be. If companies want to just sit back and wait for the virus to pass is their choice but businesses have not been told to close at all unless they are social venues, shops or public venues or they can’t operate safely.
    Well I was on the blower with my gaffer a good 10 to 15 minutes .

He was rather under the impression that I wanted to get back to work ( clearly I'm not ) and so was coming at me from an angle of no you aren't and this is why .

His point was , nowts changed .

I can't keep you safe because of the nature of the job and the layout of the factory , corporate manslaughter isn't something he's prepared to go to jail for and why would he ? .

His employees are still faced with childcare problems .

Some employees have to take two buses to get to work and the same going home .

The virus is still a massive threat and hundreds are still dying everyday .

In fact exactly the same reasons he furloughed 90% of us 6 weeks ago so why would this morning have seen anything change ?

It hasn't and whatever Johnson may think all the ducks are far from lining up and they aren't for many other people either .

I'll ring you in 3 weeks time .

No problem gaffer , you know best .

And here's the thing he does , because it says it on the sign at the side of the factory .

It doesn't say Boris Johnson Ltd .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-05-2020 at 08:40 PM.

What’s the problem then, if the boss says it’s not safe to work and people can’t get to work due to child care issues as schools are not open he can keep you furloughed and paid for by the government. It’s why the scheme has been kept open.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    What’s the problem then, if the boss says it’s not safe to work and people can’t get to work due to child care issues as schools are not open he can keep you furloughed and paid for by the government. It’s why the scheme has been kept open.
    The problem is that not everyone is as fortunate as me getting paid full money to stop at home or has a gaffer who understands the severity of the situation .

The problem is that during last nights address he told you if you couldn't work from home then you should go back monday morning but don't use public transportation .

Nothing was mentioned about all the variables , details seem to escape Johnson and even 24 hours later the clarity isn't there and there are more questions than answers .

He doesn't seem to grasp that detail is everything with summat like this , it can cost lives if the detail isn't there .

What he should have done is dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's with his team , parliament , the trade unions before going before the nation .

Its not nit picking its basic competence with the office he holds .

He came in from left field and even from what I've read some of his cabinet didn't know what he was going to say .

Just be a Prime Minister , if we are to have this idiot in Downing Street at a time like this at least get one thing right now and again instead of Raab and co having to go on breakfast tv and clean up after him ....... again !!! .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast