+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris has a Plan.

BT, there's a Rumpy-Pumpy chart on the Guido website, it's a classic on the gradual stages out of lockdown, it's beyond my techy capabilities to get it on here, I'm sure you could.

"But if the number of cases starts to rise again then he must take full responsibility. Agree?"

I wasn't sure whether you were actually being serious here 59, but BDS works in mysterious ways so I suppose you are, in which case have a look at what Professor Giesecke says in the Lancet,

"Epidemiologist Professor Johan Giesecke writes in The Lancet…

“… facts have led me to the following conclusions. Everyone will be exposed to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, and most people will become infected. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire in all countries, but we do not see it—it almost always spreads from younger people with no or weak symptoms to other people who will also have mild symptoms. This is the real pandemic, but it goes on beneath the surface, and is probably at its peak now in many European countries. There is very little we can do to prevent this spread: a lockdown might delay severe cases for a while, but once restrictions are eased, cases will reappear. I expect that when we count the number of deaths from COVID-19 in each country in 1 year from now, the figures will be similar, regardless of measures taken.”

So no matter what Boris does it isn't going to make a whole lot of difference, but you blame him for every death if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "And can I remind you of your first post? "Well after listening to that, if I had shares in the company called Great Britain PLC, I'd be selling them first thing tomorrow morning."

The reason for that 59 is that I was hoping he might make serious progress on lifting the lockdown and getting the economy moving again, but he didn't, he just pu$$y-footed around it, by the time we get out of this now I don't think there'll be much of an economy left to worry about. Well, it looks like you had a case of BDS yourself last night

"Yes, we knew that Boris was going to speak last night, but no one had the first idea about what he would say (including Boris I reckon)"

I don't know which planet you've been on for the last few days 59, but you somehow seem to have missed numerous pundits discussing just how far Boris would go on Sunday towards easing the lockdown, in the event not very far at all, which is why I'd be selling my shares in GB PLC.
    As i said, NOBODY expected anyone to be able to travel to anywhere in England without limit. Or for anyone to be allowed out for as long as they wanted. There was speculation as to what he would announce but NOBODY saw that coming. And businesses, local authorities, emergency services and the general public are now in confusion.

"But if the number of cases starts to rise again then he must take full responsibility. Agree?"

I wasn't sure whether you were actually being serious here 59, but BDS works in mysterious ways so I suppose you are, in which case have a look at what Professor Giesecke says in the Lancet,

"Epidemiologist Professor Johan Giesecke writes in The Lancet…

“… facts have led me to the following conclusions. Everyone will be exposed to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, and most people will become infected. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire in all countries, but we do not see it—it almost always spreads from younger people with no or weak symptoms to other people who will also have mild symptoms. This is the real pandemic, but it goes on beneath the surface, and is probably at its peak now in many European countries. There is very little we can do to prevent this spread: a lockdown might delay severe cases for a while, but once restrictions are eased, cases will reappear. I expect that when we count the number of deaths from COVID-19 in each country in 1 year from now, the figures will be similar, regardless of measures taken.”

So no matter what Boris does it isn't going to make a whole lot of difference, but you blame him for every death if it makes you feel better.
    Ah, selective use of an "expert" there Sinkov!

Boris might have got it spot on, or he may have made a catastrophic error. But it was HIS decision and he will be held accountable if he has cocked up. Which is only right, that's how this country works.

This was followed by Sir Graham Brady stating in parliament that employees had been “too willing” to stay at home (Anger at UK lockdown easing plans ‘that could put workers at risk’, 4 May).

IN PARLIAMENT SINKOV.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Ah, selective use of an "expert" there Sinkov!

Boris might have got it spot on, or he may have made a catastrophic error. But it was HIS decision and he will be held accountable if he has cocked up. Which is only right, that's how this country works.
    At some point we'll have to leave lockdown, Germany did it before us and the R figure started rising, I'm not sure but I think it might have fallen back since, France is coming out of lockdown today, Sweden never even went into lockdown, there are many who say it's a complete waste of time, and others who say it's not only a waste of time but dangerously counter productive, and will lead to many more deaths in the near future. Boris has not decided on this off his own bat, he has no more idea than me or you, he listens to the 'experts' and then has to make a judgement call. The truth 59, as we both know, is that no one knows, everyone is guessing, but to try to blame Boris for any death is silly, you should know better. Unless there is some sort of syndrome, can't think what it could be, that is frazzling your brain and clouding your normally sound judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This was followed by Sir Graham Brady stating in parliament that employees had been “too willing” to stay at home (Anger at UK lockdown easing plans ‘that could put workers at risk’, 4 May).

IN PARLIAMENT SINKOV.
    Parliament eh BT, that den of iniquity !! I really can't be arsed to read this drivel but it seems to me he's stating the bleedin obvious, if I was paid £200 a week to do a sh1t job and the government were going to pay me £160 a week to sit on my arse, watch box sets and play Championship Manager, I wouldn't be in any hurry to get back to work either. Just human nature.

Parliament eh BT, that den of iniquity !! I really can't be arsed to read this drivel but it seems to me he's stating the bleedin obvious, if I was paid £200 a week to do a sh1t job and the government were going to pay me £160 a week to sit on my arse, watch box sets and play Championship Manager, I wouldn't be in any hurry to get back to work either. Just human nature.
    With the help of a friend I think we have it sussed...

Hopefully this should clear matters up :-

4 year olds can go to school, but university students who have paid for the tuition they haven’t had and the accommodation they aren’t living in, can’t go to university.

A teacher can go to school with many 4 year olds that they are not related to, but can’t see one 4 year old that they are related to.

You can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

You can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe, but not two people so if you know two people from another household you have to pick your favourite. Hopefully, you’re also their favourite person from your household or this could be awkward. But possibly you’re not. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one you choose anyway you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict your eyeline too much and prevent you from being alert.

You can work all day with your colleagues, but you can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

You can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day feels like you are some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

You can drive to other destinations, although which destinations is unclear.

The buses are still running past your house, but you shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

The slogan isn’t stay at home any more, so we don’t have to stay at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

And never forget to Stay Alert, which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know NHS staff don't like bragging, but saving lives is something they do every day.

So there you are sinkov. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.

The fu-cking government told them to stay at home sinkov. Sometimes conversing with you is akin to banging my head on a brick wall.

BT, your post 38 was brilliant and explains the situation in a much clearer way than the government!

If today's "guidance" had been announced by a Labour or Lib Dem bod then our friend from the Ribble Valley would be apoplectic with rage. and I would agree with him.

After Wednesday no one could be criticised for descending en masse on our touristy places - and I'm sure they will. This weekend, when the weather is expected to be good, I reckon it will be very crowded. But I won't be amongst them unless the local authority and the local police tell me it's OK.
    But feel free. You can go anywhere you want in England and stay out all day if you wish.

But...if I had been Boris I would have consulted with the regions before dropping this on them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)