+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris has a Plan.

Boris has a Plan.

Well after listening to that, if I had shares in the company called Great Britain PLC, I'd be selling them first thing tomorrow morning.

Come on Sinky... Stay Alert. !

Agree Sinkov. That was as clear as mud.

Do millions of people turn up for work tomorrow? Have all these companies received clear guidelines on providing a safe working environment?

We can now have unlimited outside exercise, and we can drive to "other destinations" to do so.

Can I drive up to the Lakes to continue my Wainwright campaign? Or am I likely to still have my collar felt?

I like to pride myself that I am pretty "alert" most of the time, will it be an offence to be "Appearing in a public place without sufficient alertness"?

This is real back of a fag packet stuff and basically these briefings are nothing more than PR exercises.

But at least he tells us that he has got yet another "plan". I hope it is a much better plan than the stuff he announced tonight.

The man does not have a clue on how to do detail. Sometime very soon he is going to run out of slogans. Jingoism will only take us so far I'm afraid. Can someone please tell me, can I go back to work tomorrow?

I'm sure you can get on with bagging the Wainwrights 59, no problem there, it's the time scale that worries me, if restaurants for instance can't open until July, I wonder just how many will be left in a viable position to re-open ? We were planning on going away 1st week in July, not now we're not, all told we'd have pumped well over a grand into the Northumberland economy, that stays in our bank now. With no end in sight to the Lockdown I would imagine the NHS should just about be gridlocked with it's backlog by the time the flu and covid season kicks off again next Autumn. There may be trouble ahead doesn't cover the half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The man does not have a clue on how to do detail. Sometime very soon he is going to run out of slogans. Jingoism will only take us so far I'm afraid. Can someone please tell me, can I go back to work tomorrow?
    Yes, just leave the beamer at home and go on yer bike.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Yes, just leave the beamer at home and go on yer bike.
    I've already decided sinkov. Replenishing the coffers starts again on Tuesday and Boris can go and fu-ck himself. I've also promised myself to stay alert.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've already decided sinkov. Replenishing the coffers starts again on Tuesday and Boris can go and fu-ck himself. I've also promised myself to stay alert.
    Good on yer BT, spoken like a true blue.

FECK THE NANNY STATE, STAY ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm sure you can get on with bagging the Wainwrights 59, no problem there, it's the time scale that worries me, if restaurants for instance can't open until July, I wonder just how many will be left in a viable position to re-open ? We were planning on going away 1st week in July, not now we're not, all told we'd have pumped well over a grand into the Northumberland economy, that stays in our bank now. With no end in sight to the Lockdown I would imagine the NHS should just about be gridlocked with it's backlog by the time the flu and covid season kicks off again next Autumn. There may be trouble ahead doesn't cover the half of it.
    I hope you are right about the Wainwright thing Sinkov, but I am in a state of total confusion following that load of tripe from our Prime Minister.
    Have the police been notified about all this? I reckon if we set off for the Borrowdale Valley on Wednesday we will be stopped, fined and turned back. The Covid laws are still in place (as far as we know) and if I try to explain , "Boris said it would be OK" it won't help matters.

Britain's population is like a mixture of animals in a zoo, sheep, lions, pigs, rats....and we are being led by donkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I hope you are right about the Wainwright thing Sinkov, but I am in a state of total confusion following that load of tripe from our Prime Minister.
    Have the police been notified about all this? I reckon if we set off for the Borrowdale Valley on Wednesday we will be stopped, fined and turned back. The Covid laws are still in place (as far as we know) and if I try to explain , "Boris said it would be OK" it won't help matters.

Britain's population is like a mixture of animals in a zoo, sheep, lions, pigs, rats....and we are being led by donkeys.
    Unlimited exercise and drive where you want 59, it's a Get Out of Jail Free Card from your Uncle Boris. Anyway if you're not convinced get yourself over to the Ribble Valley for a walk, not seen a policeman here this side of Christmas, they're all over in Bolton sorting those reprobates out.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)