+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris has a Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell sinkov, I just posted a photo - no opinion added, just a post.
    You posted it BT, if you have to get into the sewer, posting FAKE NEWS with turds like Morgan to make your case, you're on a loser mon ami.

Aye Sinkov. you know the Lakes as well as I do.

We would take a packed lunch and park up in the wilds, well away from the hotspots.

But many people will converge on Bowness, Ambleside etc. Helvellyn, Orrest Head and lakeside walks will soon be chocker. The towns car parks will be full.

The roads into the Lakes will be very busy adding to the threat of accidents or breakdowns which would be very unwelcome to the police and authorities of the Lakes.

Yes, we could say "bugger them - we are going anyway", which I reckon thousands of people will do.

But if the local services are asking us not to go then we will respect what they say. When you were in the fire service and a situation arose where you had to advise people against visiting a local are for some reason, you would be p1ssed off if Boris told the people that it was OK to visit the area, resulting in many people doing so.

Anyway, people can now happily come to Morecambe and congregate on the beaches and parks, staying all day if they wish, having picnics and bringing a few cans. As a Town Council we have received no prior warning of this change and we have not had a chat about it yet. Personally, I will be glad to get back to normal ASAP but we need to have conversations with the police etc in order make sure that the situation is monitored correctly and we fully understand the current Government guidelines.

It's now accepted that the risk of contracting this virus in open air is minimal, and at two metres the risk is zero. We have to get back to some sort of normality and this is the beginning of it. I'm actually shocked at the extent that BDS has apparently addled people's brains, there cannot be any other reason for the ridiculous over reaction to the first moderate steps taken to get us out of this lockdown, we are being asked to feel free to go out and exercise if we wish but to use common sense. Why on earth anyone has a problem with this I have no idea. The Swedes didn't even have a lockdown, they were just asked to use common sense and they've managed OK.

And those public bodies you quote as being shocked and unprepared by this news, where were they last week, every pundit in the land has been predicting this easing of the regs since at least last Wednesday. And this idea that the Fells of the Lake District and the beaches and parks of Morecambe are about to be over-run by day trippers seems fanciful to me, but I could be wrong, I'll look out for footage of tailbacks on the M6 on the news tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's now accepted that the risk of contracting this virus in open air is minimal, and at two metres the risk is zero. We have to get back to some sort of normality and this is the beginning of it. I'm actually shocked at the extent that BDS has apparently addled people's brains, there cannot be any other reason for the ridiculous over reaction to the first moderate steps taken to get us out of this lockdown, we are being asked to feel free to go out and exercise if we wish but to use common sense. Why on earth anyone has a problem with this I have no idea. The Swedes didn't even have a lockdown, they were just asked to use common sense and they've managed OK.

And those public bodies you quote as being shocked and unprepared by this news, where were they last week, every pundit in the land has been predicting this easing of the regs since at least last Wednesday. And this idea that the Fells of the Lake District and the beaches and parks of Morecambe are about to be over-run by day trippers seems fanciful to me, but I could be wrong, I'll look out for footage of tailbacks on the M6 on the news tonight.
    You won't see any such footage tonight Mon Ami - the restrictions will be lifted on Wednesday.

And can I remind you of your first post? "Well after listening to that, if I had shares in the company called Great Britain PLC, I'd be selling them first thing tomorrow morning."

Yes, we knew that Boris was going to speak last night, but no one had the first idea about what he would say (including Boris I reckon).

He is allowing unlimited travel within England and to spend unlimited time outside. No one expected that. If the evidence that this is safe is there then we should all be happy about it. But if the number of cases starts to rise again then he must take full responsibility. Agree?

Guidelines that release some of the constrictions placed upon the populace, however, the big mistake is hoping that people will use common sense when evaluating their safety and how to interpret the guidance.
    Common sense went out of the backdoor in this country years ago so this is the BIG fail in trying to give people some responsibility for their own well-being, particularly when people start taking notice of Piers Morgan et al whose only purpose in life is to stir things up because he thinks that he knows best ---does he take lessons from or give lessons to Donald? Egotism doesn't even come close!

I shall go for a walk and think about the eulogy I have to deliver on Saturday ---it is so peaceful in the woods -- away from everybody.

Even more confusion...

The 14 day quarantine period that is to be imposed on people arriving in the UK doesn't seen to apply to people arriving via the Channel Tunnel or via ferries.
    It also doesn't apply to people arriving from France.

Why???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52610594

The government have given the following advise on meeting relatives in the park this morning.

It is OK to meet one member of your family in the park. (Two metres apart)
    It is OK to meet more than one person of your family at the same time. (Two metres apart)
    You can only meet one member of you family at one time, but you can see them separately in the same day (Two metres apart)

Confusion reigns. They should have released the full guidelines last night to avoid the chaos this morning.

Individual people, local authorities, the emergency services and businesses are in a state of confusion at the moment.

Blow Job’s “back to work” statement (10.05.2020) was essentially a declaration of class war.

Those who are lucky enough to be able to work from home are more likely to be better paid, and they can protect themselves. Construction and manufacturing workers must now put their lives on the line so that their wealthy “superiors” can protect their profits.

Keir Starmer’s Labour Party must help to ensure that workers are protected and prioritised, and that the Tories cannot put private wealth ahead of public health whilst bringing the UK out of lockdown.

Calling those workers furloughed through no fault of their own “workshy” is plainly ridiculous, inflammatory and serves us a timely reminder just what a nasty party the Conservative and Unionist Party really is.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You posted it BT, if you have to get into the sewer, posting FAKE NEWS with turds like Morgan to make your case, you're on a loser mon ami.
    I thought it was amusing and I'd share it. Fu-ck you then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought it was amusing and I'd share it. Fu-ck you then.
    It's just more FAKE NEWS BT, you keep posting FAKE NEWS and I'll keep pointing it out, nothing new there.

"And can I remind you of your first post? "Well after listening to that, if I had shares in the company called Great Britain PLC, I'd be selling them first thing tomorrow morning."

The reason for that 59 is that I was hoping he might make serious progress on lifting the lockdown and getting the economy moving again, but he didn't, he just pu$$y-footed around it, by the time we get out of this now I don't think there'll be much of an economy left to worry about.

"Yes, we knew that Boris was going to speak last night, but no one had the first idea about what he would say (including Boris I reckon)"

I don't know which planet you've been on for the last few days 59, but you somehow seem to have missed numerous pundits discussing just how far Boris would go on Sunday towards easing the lockdown, in the event not very far at all, which is why I'd be selling my shares in GB PLC.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)