+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think this would be a fair conclusion?.....

Do you think this would be a fair conclusion?.....

Bottom 3 PL play top 3 championship (20pl play 1st ch, 19 pl play 2nd ch, 18th pl play 3rd ch)

Do this across all divisions , home and away games, aggregate wins , extra time , pens if needed , or one game at a neutral venue. Behind closed doors

This way not every club has to play another 9 games, but at least the meaningful ones get played

Get Liverpool to play their next 2 games, if they get the required points, scrap the rest (unless it’s against one of the bottom 3)

Just a thought!

The question still remains of who should be the top and bottom three in each league ?

In the Championship Luton 35 and Barnsley 34 are stranded cut off at the bottom but above them only 3 points separates Stoke 42, Huddersfield 42, Boro 41, Wigan 41, Hull 41, Charlton 39. One win for those six clubs is massive.

I would go for present Points per Game and end season with clubs in that position, normal promotion and relegation numbers. Start ageean next season in September.

Villa are next to bottom but have a game in hand.
    Win that and they're out of bottom 3.
    A better way would be wait for the first 3 teams in the Prem to go bust and replace them with the top 3 in the Championship (that are still solvent), repeat through Leagues one & two.
    We should then have small enough divisions to get the number of games played down.
    Then we can have FA Cup replays and they won't need such big squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Villa are next to bottom but have a game in hand.
    Win that and they're out of bottom 3.
    The Points per Game method is designed to take into account different numbers of games played.

SSN now saying all the bottom half club's in the Premiership are against relegation this season , I wonder why

the reality of it is that you cant please everybody - someones going to be miffed whatever they do. I think its about damage limitation and what will cost them less through the courts!

I agree with what Glen Murray at Brighton said, No thought is being given to the players who have families like everyone else and vulnerable people in their homes, a lot of players don't want to risk it.
    He also said that the games played at nuetral venues isn't fair and he's right, it's an alteration to how the rest of the season was played before COVID 19! Smaller clubs who are fighting for their lives to stay up rely on the fans to be the 12th man to unsettle teams it draws the bigger clubs a bit closer to their level, playing at a neutral venue instead takes away that advantage.

If football can't be played and while we're losing 600 plus people a day I can't see how it can be played.
    What about if the seasons cancelled resume football when its safe to have the public back in the grounds.Then Start a new season with the current points.That gives Leeds and West Brom there advantage but gives Fulham,Forest the chance to catch them also it gives Barnsley Luton etc there present disadvantage but with the chance to get out of the bottom 3.Its not perfect but while teams have points to play for any other alternative could be the start of multiple court cases.

Would that mean playing some clubs 3 or 4 times Bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Would that mean playing some clubs 3 or 4 times Bill ?
    It would mean cancelling the Championship now and starting a new season when fans can go back in to the stadiums.
    Either at the start or end of the new season add the points to each club they had accrued in the cancelled season so each team will then have the same advantage or disadvantage as when the league was curtailed.
    I can't think of another way to be honest otherwise I can see a lot of law suites from both the top and bottom of the Championship clubs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast