+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry, but it's a shambles!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I've been a Tory voter for as long as I can remember and a supporter of Boris Johnson. However, his latest regulations are shambolic. There are no clear rules and leaves the whole issue in chaos with most restrictions being open to interpretation. For goodness sake, in his speech last night workers were being encouraged to go back to work this morning but now it appears that it is now Wednesday. There is no way that there should be differing regulations between the four home countries. I thought that we were going to observe what has happened in other countries. Germany has eased restrictions and now there infection rate has increased. I think that he is bowing to public pressure. The old maxim of 'if it 'ain't broke, don't fix it' should apply. The stay at home rule has brought the infection rate down so let's continue with it. Even with the best will in the world, members of the public who are prepared to abide by the restrictions don't know what is or is not allowed let alone those who wish to bend them to their own ends. I could go on. For God's sake, sort it out.
    This is a huge problem for the Tories, considering the demographic of their voters. Boris couldn't have handled this crisis any worse and is placing the economy as a higher priority than the health of his core voter base. Add to the fact that he has dispensed with many senior ministers around him and replaced them with 'yes' men and women. We must have one of the most inexperienced cabinets ever - and its showing.

I think he and the Tory Party are going to lose a lot of voters over their mishandling of this.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is a huge problem for the Tories, considering the demographic of their voters. Boris couldn't have handled this crisis any worse and is placing the economy as a higher priority than the health of his core voter base. Add to the fact that he has dispensed with many senior ministers around him and replaced them with 'yes' men and women. We must have one of the most inexperienced cabinets ever - and its showing.

I think he and the Tory Party are going to lose a lot of voters over their mishandling of this.
    I think one of the problems is that the vast majority 'got it' that we needed to follow the guidelines and look at the bigger picture despite it causing massive interruption to our lives. The government should have used this time to aggressively put in place basic safeguards - PPE and testing. They didn't. Testing targets haven't been met and PPE is in short supply. Why are we buying PPE tat from Turkey & China that isn't fit for purpose as British manufacturers are having to sell their stock overseas because they can't get Westminster to listen to them? In other words, they tooled up to produce the stuff we're short of that saves lives and no one in the government is listening. If the lockdown had of gone on a few more weeks but people could see progress with the aforementioned, they'd take it. As it stands, we've pushed this virus in to a corner and there's a real chance it will spike big time meaning the last 6 weeks could be for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I think one of the problems is that the vast majority 'got it' that we needed to follow the guidelines and look at the bigger picture despite it causing massive interruption to our lives. The government should have used this time to aggressively put in place basic safeguards - PPE and testing. They didn't. Testing targets haven't been met and PPE is in short supply. Why are we buying PPE tat from Turkey & China that isn't fit for purpose as British manufacturers are having to sell their stock overseas because they can't get Westminster to listen to them? In other words, they tooled up to produce the stuff we're short of that saves lives and no one in the government is listening. If the lockdown had of gone on a few more weeks but people could see progress with the aforementioned, they'd take it. As it stands, we've pushed this virus in to a corner and there's a real chance it will spike big time meaning the last 6 weeks could be for nothing.

Totally agree Stripes! The government handling was too slow with everything, and now everyone appears to be too relaxed, and for sure if there's a second spike - it will be here in the good old UK to add to the 33,000 + deaths. Don't like Sturgeon but got to say her communication is clear, less confusing and cautious going forward. I do like Boris, but if there's a second spike - he will get it in the neck big time!

Interesting though Al, a recent YouGov poll showed Boris still retains a lot of support and it was the media who had the poorest rating. Personally, I think that the government are doing a reasonable job in a very difficult situation. Yes, they have made mistakes but overall I think that they have performed well. Each to his own though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)